Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Anti-Spoofing repeatly
  •  
FRusso

Send a private message to this user
Maybe you can tell me why I see this messages repeatly all days:

(From secuity log)

[08/Feb/2007 01:31:26] Anti-spoofing: Packet from LAN, proto:UDP, len:144, ip/port:169.254.178.53:5353 -> 224.0.0.251:5353, udplen:116

Where did this two unknown IP addresses from? How I can fix/stop it?

This IP addresses does not belong our two ip address that I assigned: 172.16.X.X (LAN) and 216.179.115.227 (Internet)

WinRoute 6.2.3

[Updated on: Thu, 08 February 2007 18:11]

Francis Russo
  •  
sedell

You might want to try the WinRoute forum.

Generally, 169.254.x.x addresses are assigned when a computer tries to obtain an address from a DHCP server, but fails. It looks like you have a machine that couldn't obtain an address that is running iTunes. Google 224.0.0.251 and port 5353.

Scott
  •  
FRusso

huh? this is winroute forum.

Anyway, where did this 169.254.x.x from? LAN-side? I would know which computer that failed to obtain ip address. Is way to record computer MAC address? by the way, How did 169.254.x.x got inside winroute server? only server would allow 172.16.x.x.

And port 5353 that I *DONT* use. It is not permitted.

Francis Russo
  •  
winkelman

It's a computer on your LAN side that failed to get an IP address from the DHCP server and self-assigned a 169.x.x.x address (that's what Windows computers do when they do not hear from the DHCP server).

KWF is reporting a IP address on your LAN that does not fit in the proper IP segment. It's nothing to worry about, it's not 'bad' or anything (except for that one PC of course, that will not have any proper IP connectivity).
  •  
winkelman

FRusso wrote on Fri, 09 February 2007 01:02

huh? this is winroute forum...

Your topic was opened in the Kerio Mail server forum and moved to here by a moderator...
Previous Topic: How can i block .mp3 .avi .mpg ....etc.?
Next Topic: KWF with VPN Client => Help!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:26:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.