Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Free/Busy configuration in Outlook
  •  
darylhurst

Send a private message to this user
We are experiencing constant errors in Outlook using KOC when adding new Calendar events.

Adding a new event causes the error "Unable to save busy/free information. 0x8004010f: MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND".
I have researched this already and followed all the suggestions i.e. go into Tools -> Options -> Preferences -> Calendar Options -> Free Busy Options and set the search location accordingly. I have also ensured I have the Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard installed as apparently this is also required.
What I am struggling with more than anything is an understanding of :

1. What exact URL needs to be entered in the Search Location in the Calendar Options, it appears when I enter anything click OK, exit Outlook and then start Outlook again the URL is reset. It insists on putting %SERVER%/%NAME% after the [server_name]/freebusy section. My understanding is that the URL should point to the server running Kerio e.g. http://[server_name]/freebusy/[domain_name]/[user_name]. On investigation if I go direct to this url in a browser and replace these with actual domain names and user names I get a .ics item returned which is obviously the free/busy info.. The question is what does Outlook actually expand %SERVER% and %NAME% to and where does it get these settings from. Additionally the error we receive is unable to SAVE free/busy data. Is this 'save' of information also going through the URL i.e. is Outlook (or the Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard) performing an HTTP POST to Kerio to do the update.

2. Is there any configuration required for the Microsoft Web Publising Wizard and how is this being used between Outlook and Kerio? It appears to have made no difference whatsoever when it was installed anyway.
  •  
gjanssen

It works perfectly here and you have to check this setting:

1 http://192.168.1.10:80/freebusy/%SERVER%/%NAME%
Where 192.168.1.10 is our emailserver

2 You can not configure more settings

Regards,
Gerrit Janssen
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I would like to note that KOC will automatically configure the Free/Busy URL for you, you should not need to manually modify it.

Also, the %SERVER% and %NAME% need to be left just like they are, you do not put in any information (Outlook completes those variables for you based on the account information you have already specified).

So with a fresh install of Outlook and KOC, you should not need to modify anything in the Free/Busy settings. If you do, it will most likely cause issues. (Note that Outlook 2000 requires you to install something extra. We have a KB article for Outlook 2000 if you are using that version).

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
gregwhite886

You save Outlook 200 requires somehting different and you have a kb article. Could you share please? I too am having similar problems. Regards

Greg

re: (Note that Outlook 2000 requires you to install something extra. We have a KB article for Outlook 2000 if you are using that version).
  •  
darylhurst

Yes I'm using Outlook 2000, so what is the 'extra' bit required please, I think this must be the missing link!
Previous Topic: bogus HELO name error???
Next Topic: calendar weirdness
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:25:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.