Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can Send From LAN, But Cannot Receive From External Domains.
  •  
killinghall

Send a private message to this user
I can send and receive within the LAN, but if I send mail to my domain from Gmail or Hotmail, nothing shows up.

I've used MailEnable prior to KMS and had the same problem.

My DNS records are configured correctly, MX pointing to the domain.

DNSStuff shows that I do not have PTR/Reverse DNS records.

I suppose this is the problem?
  •  
winkelman

killinghall wrote on Wed, 14 February 2007 16:22

DNSStuff shows that I do not have PTR/Reverse DNS records.

Without PTR record you would certainly not be able to receive mail from a lot of mail servers, possibly including Gmail and Hotmail. So you need to fix that regardless :)

Are you sure your MX records are setup correctly? Is there any mailserver that has succesfully send you email?
  •  
killinghall

No, so far tried 2 mail servers, none are delivering.
  •  
dbarak

What ports do you have open on your router? How are you pointing your MX records?
  •  
killinghall

The following ports are open

DNS - 53 (doubt it's needed)
SMTP - 26
POP - 110

MX records are pointing as such

domain.com MX 10 mail.domain.com
  •  
dbarak

have you tested smtp on port 25 or is your isp blocking?
  •  
killinghall

I believe my ISP blocks that port, but mail would still go in via 26 wouldn't it?
  •  
jpokinpo

MX (mail exchange) record automatically routes e-mail traffic to port 25. So, incoming mail will automatically seek port 25, which is not open on your router or is allegedly blocked by your ISP - hence, the rejection.

Within your LAN, mail is routed behind the router to the server and chances are that you have configured the clients for SMTP 26.

If this is a business type account, call up the ISP for a solution or get another.
  •  
winkelman

killinghall wrote on Fri, 16 February 2007 03:09

I believe my ISP blocks that port, but mail would still go in via 26 wouldn't it?

There's no way to tell all the mail servers in the world to send you mail on any other but the standard SMTP port. If you cannot receive connections on port 25, you cannot receive email from other mail server.
Previous Topic: Two problems -> Outlook 2007 + Internet Explorer 7
Next Topic: Fighting Image Spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 16:56:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.