Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Automatic authentification through Active Directory/Windows Logon?!
  •  
Muchos

Send a private message to this user
Hallo
Hat Kerio Firewall 5 die Möglichkeit die User anhand des Windows Logins zu authentifizieren? Damit sie nicht extra beim öffnen des Internet Explorers nochmal ein Login bekommen?

Die Userdaten hat er von Active Directory wunderbar übernommen aber die aktuellen Sitzungen versteht er nicht. Geht dieses Programm wieder mal nur über Ip-Adressen ?

Wäre super wenn ihr mir helfen könntet, suche dringend Proxy software mit wirklichen active Directory Support.

grüße Muchos

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2004 14:04]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Muchos wrote on Thu, 26 February 2004 15:30

Hallo
Hat Kerio Firewall 5 die Möglichkeit die User anhand des Windows Logins zu authentifizieren? Damit sie nicht extra beim öffnen des Internet Explorers nochmal ein Login bekommen?

Die Userdaten hat er von Active Directory wunderbar übernommen aber die aktuellen Sitzungen versteht er nicht. Geht dieses Programm wieder mal nur über Ip-Adressen ?

Wäre super wenn ihr mir helfen könntet, suche dringend Proxy software mit wirklichen active Directory Support.

grüße Muchos

Can you please resend it in English?
You will increase the probability of someone's response.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2004 22:34]

•  
Muchos

Hi!
Is there a posiibility to authentify users trough the Windows logon? So i would't need to login manually in internet explorer.
The userdata was synched perfectly with my Active Directory, but he doesn't recognize the logged-in user. Is this one more program that checks through IPs?

I would appreciate any help possible! I'm in need of a Software to make Internet Site restricitions User-based and Active Directory compatible!

greetings Muchos
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Muchos wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 14:02

Hi!
Is there a posiibility to authentify users trough the Windows logon? So i would't need to login manually in internet explorer.
The userdata was synched perfectly with my Active Directory, but he doesn't recognize the logged-in user. Is this one more program that checks through IPs?

I would appreciate any help possible! I'm in need of a Software to make Internet Site restricitions User-based and Active Directory compatible!

greetings Muchos

Yes, you can use NTLM for automatic authentication of user against Active Directory. This works without any further interaction with user.
You can find more details about authentication in KWF's online manual at
http://www.kerio.com/manual/kwf/en/ch07s02.html.
Description about NTLM is available also in our Knowledge Base at
http://support.kerio.com/?_a=knowledgebase&_j=subcat& ;_i=2.
  •  
Muchos

Thanks about the quick answer, but i have still the problem that the users become there login window. Is there any option ín active directory i have to activate?

We used the http rule to rederict any user to the firewall login page. If we don't use these rule nobody will be authenticated.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Muchos wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 15:02

Thanks about the quick answer, but i have still the problem that the users become there login window. Is there any option ín active directory i have to activate?

We used the http rule to rederict any user to the firewall login page. If we don't use these rule nobody will be authenticated.

What kind of login window appears? Login page in Winroute or login dialog box in Internet Explorer?

I would mention that NTLM authentication works in KWF 5 only when user is accessing the Internet directly (not through proxy server).

However, the KWF6 (beta version is available for download on our website) is able to use NTLM also for authentication to proxy server.
  •  
Muchos

hi

Its a dialog box in Internet Explorer.
We have Internet behind a proxy server, i will test beta 6!

Do you think that will solve my problems?

Does the beta 6 of kerio take over settings of ther 5.. version?
greetings
Muchos

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2004 15:20]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Muchos wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 15:17

hi

Its a dialog box in Internet Explorer.
We have Internet behind a proxy server, i will test beta 6!

Do you think that will solve my problems?

Yes, I do.
Quote:

Does the beta 6 of kerio take over settings of ther 5.. version?
greetings
Muchos

Yes, it does. However, I must notice that KWF6 is in phase of beta testing thus we do not recommend to install it on production firewall computer yet.
  •  
Muchos

Well. It seems that at least the auto-logon worked, but we didn't get version (BETA) 6 working as planned. Although i think this was because we have a rather strange way of using your product: Our WinRoute-Firewall is running on our Security Server, which is connected to our LAN through both NICs. Our Proxy (Provider-provided) is Linux based. (this is the reason for our unique constellation) So we forward any http Traffic to this router. Our Domain Controller/Active Directory makes sure that the users cannot alter any connection-properties, thus making our winRoute server to the only way to the www.
Because of our way of proxying into the net, we must use Proxies and therefore there is no Kerberos Autologin in version 5. It worked well in version beta 6 but Kerio has changed something, so that the same settings as in verison 5 didn't enable the same functionality as version 5.

Ok. I hope, i've confused everybody now....

whatever: Thanks for your help. I think i can live with some manual login, although my bosses will not be pleased, but what do THEY know? Smile

Greetings Muchos
Previous Topic: Kazaa through the firewall
Next Topic: KWF 6 beta
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:23:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.