Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » outlook autofill to kerio webmail
  •  
fattmarrell

Send a private message to this user
I've been searching for the best method but need some assistance. What I need:
Outlook autofill'd email addresses to start working in Kerio Webmail. From what I see I need to get each email address into the public contacts for them to work? Seems that autofill file is located at C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\%profile name%.nk2

I have found a nifty utility to convert the nk2 file to csv...possibly this can me added to the public contacts through outlook on koc? I wanted to post and hear of any other ideas before I plow into this.
Thanks in advance.

•  
fattmarrell

If anyone else is in the same boat here's the link to the nk2>csv tool:
http://www.nk2.info/

•  
rencorp

I've got a customer who refuses to use address books, relying on the fact that Outlook 'remembers' the email addresses of all his golf buddies. When I upgraded him to a new PC and Outlook/KOC, he lost all his contact addresses. He was not well pleased, especially when I told him that it was his fault for not using his address books properly.

Anyway, I have downloaded this utility and tried it out on my PC here. It found my .nk2 file straight away and managed to list all the email addresses held in it. I exported this into a CSV file. I was then able to import this file using the Import/Export utility in Outlook directly into my Contacts folder in KOC. I could then access thee email addresses as if they had been there all along.

So, it seems to work as it should. I will try to install this on the customer's PC and sort his addresses out. if there are any issues, I'll report back.

Gary
www.rencorp.co.uk

Kerio Certified Business Partner - Messaging
  •  
fattmarrell

Fantastic, im glad this could help others. I'm looking forward to the outcome on your customer.
Previous Topic: Best server OS + Kerio scalability with large mailboxes
Next Topic: Daylight savings issue/Outlook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:48:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.