Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » error message: quota exceeded
  •  
Zakk

Messages: 44
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following addresses
failed:

quota exceeded:
  info<.a.t.>company.com


since yesterday i have a mysterios error. if someone sends a mail to info<.a.t.>company.com , the mail is delivered, but the sender gets an error message that the user quota is exceeded. other accounts are affected too.

ich have checked it, user used space is <2 GB, quota set to 10 GB and 27 GB free on the hard disk partition. restarting KMS or raising the quota from 10 to 11 did not help.

any ideas about this?

regards,

zakk
  •  
pbwells

Messages: 24
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
I've found that depending on the issue deleting the mail store folder for X user will cure odd issues. Make sure that there are no messages in the folder that you haven't read. Open explorer and go to,
C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\store\mail\yourdomain.com\userfolder

Just delete "userfolder" the next time you check the account Kerio will recreate the folder/inbox etc. Other than that I can't imagine what your issue could be. You might also just set the user account quota to 0 which simply sets it to unlimited.

Good luck
  •  
Zakk

Messages: 44
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
there are very much emails stored (ca. 18000). there are several user right set, lots of subfolders. all accounts are affected, so deleting and re-creating the user folders is not a very usable solution.

setting the quota to zero has caused errors too, thats why i had set a high limit.

regards,

zakk
  •  
pbwells

Messages: 24
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
well I'd go open a ticket with tech support at this point then. The only other thing I can think of to try would be to rename the index.fld file in the user profile. ...\domain\userfolder\MAIL rename the file to index.old and the next time you open the account Kerio will reindex the inbox. That's fixed things for me before as well but I'm out of ideas at this point.
  •  
Zakk

Messages: 44
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
ok, i will try the index trick and hope it does not kill my messages.

regards,

zakk
  •  
pbwells

Messages: 24
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
the reason for renaming the file and not deleting it is if the process actually makes the issue worse you can just rename the file back to what it was before. Your message store however is not being touched. So they will not be going anywhere. You should not loose any messages.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Messages: 5245
Karma: 251
Send a private message to this user
pbwells wrote on Fri, 23 February 2007 15:56

the reason for renaming the file and not deleting it is if the process actually makes the issue worse you can just rename the file back to what it was before. Your message store however is not being touched. So they will not be going anywhere. You should not loose any messages.


Not exactly. I would suggest renaming the index.fld file to index.bad. KMS will use information from .bad file while reindexing the folder. This will guarantee that no information will be lost. If you rename the file to .old or remove it, some status information associated with messages will be lost (message flags, archive status etc.).
  •  
winkelman

Messages: 2119
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
You can also delete (or rename) the stats.usr file. That's where Kerio keeps track of a users quota and over here it happens sometimes that Kerio loses track of proper store usage for a user.

Once deleted, the file will be recreated when first needed. So delete the file and login as the user (might take a while to recreate the file for big mailboxes, so be patient when logging in).
  •  
Zakk

Messages: 44
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
problem solved, it was no issue of KMS - the catch-all-account on our provider was full with over 10.000 mails and as you can read, on the first look it was not visible, that the error message was from the provider mail-relay and not from KMS.

i found it reading the source code of the error mails in textmode, the sender was "Mailer-Daemon<.a.t.>provider.com", but in webmail the sender's name had been shown up only as "Mail Delivery System".

thanks <.a.t.>all,

zakk
Previous Topic: KOC: winhttp.dll not found
Next Topic: Install FuzzyOcr for SpamAssassin
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:34:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00492 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.