Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Single quotations in email addresses from Outlook/Exchange users
  •  
dcsf

Send a private message to this user
I receive an email from a 3rd party who is using MS Outlook/Exchange that is sent to many recipients. I hit reply-all using Entourage and have noticed that email addresses with single quotations within the "<" and ">" brackets causes KMS to interpret the address within the quotes as a host.

The following is the error from our mail server after I hit reply-all and send:

-snip-

The server was not able to deliver your email message

Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:44:45 -0800

to the following addresses:

<'p<.a.t.>co.monterey.ca.us'> (mail.example.com: Host not found)
<'w<.a.t.>co.monterey.ca.us'> (mail.example.com: Host not found)

-snip-

I just tried a reply-all from WebMail and Entourage and notice that there is a discrepancy between the two in how the addresses appear. I did not attempt to send, however, i tried using the single quote in similar syntax in new message in WebMail but was not able to send it due to its syntax.

Now that I see WebMail prevents using such syntax, I can't quite point out who is at fault. Regardless who is at fault, I'm wondering what I can do to prevent this issue from happening with our users who are most likely to not be savvy enough to manually edit what can be dozens of email addresses. Our users are bent on using Entourage so it'll be impossible to have them use WebMail.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Previous Topic: Outlook won't sort by conversation
Next Topic: KMS keeps on downloading the same e-mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 06:29:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00352 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.