Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Remote Desktop
  •  
kirk

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to remote desktop to a specific ip address on another network over the internet but the connection hangs and then reports that the computer cannot connect to the remote computer.

I have checked the rules and allowed icmp, rdp and port 3389.
The destination network can see my attempts to connect and replies to the request but times out.

The log files state that the response from the remote network is creating a port scan alert and also a packet spoofing security alert.
  •  
lansclu

It should work, there is no such issue with Remote desktop.

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

I use Remote Desktop sessions through KWF that stay open for 8 hours or more a lot. No problems whatsoever here. So your problem does not seem to be with KWF.
  •  
kirk

I have cheked all configurations and have even created rules within the firewall to allow access to the specific ip address.
I have been in contact with the other party while trying to connect and they can see my accessing their server and can see a response being sent, I can then see the response coming back to server where it is then blocked as being a port scan from the external firewall
  •  
denchikd

are you RDP'ing direct to the Kerio PC? if not you need to perform port forwarding.

your rule should be something like this

source: any or your ip where youre coming from
destination: firewall
service: rdp
action: enabled
translation (destination NAT): the internal ip of the box you want to RDP to.

Previous Topic: upgrade to 6.3.0 fail
Next Topic: http post not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:09:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.