Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » BAYES_99 / KERIO FORUM
  •  
linuxbox

Send a private message to this user
ok, i had the entire 195.0.0.0 subnet on a custom blacklist which i increase to 3.5 automatically. but what the heck is BAYES_99??? and why does it give a 4.07 score????

the header below actually came from an email automatically generated by this forum to send me my password!! : ) it was getting blocked and i had no way of getting the email except to increase my block score to above 7.5!! i see BAYES_95 and 99 a lot and i don't know what this is and what causes it!! but many valid emails that are not spam are getting tagged as spam with BAYES_99 AND BAYES_95. any insight on this issue?

X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=7.5 required=5.0
tests=CUSTOM_BLACKLIST: 3.50,AWL: -0.960,BAYES_99: 4.07,
NO_REAL_NAME: 0.961,TOTAL_SCORE: 7.571
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Level: *******
Received: from forum.kerio.com ([195.39.55.10])
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Why do you block the subnet?
BAYES_99 is a result from SpamAssassin Bayesian filter. The result says that according to the email body the message has 100% probability to be a spam. This is an output from trained Bayes filter.
  •  
linuxbox

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sun, 04 March 2007 12:29

Why do you block the subnet?
BAYES_99 is a result from SpamAssassin Bayesian filter. The result says that according to the email body the message has 100% probability to be a spam. This is an output from trained Bayes filter.

Because almost ALL of the spam that enters the server comes from..ahemmm, RIPE!! and of course asiapacific...

but i'm not blocking it..just increasing it's number to 3.5. i would expect a normal looking email should pass, however it is NOT passing due to the Bayesian filter. so are you telling me that now that somehow the system has learned that this message should be spam, which i have no idea how it has because it's a normal text email and i get other emails just fine on subnets initially marked as 3.5, that now there is no way of reversing this?? i've never marked a normal text message like this as spam..never..
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Perhaps one of your users did mark some messages as sparm that look like this message.

I recommend using the This it No spam button for these messages to get them out of the Bayesian filters.

and stop using the subnet to increase anti-spam rates.
  •  
linuxbox

RHarmsen.nl wrote on Sun, 04 March 2007 15:58

Perhaps one of your users did mark some messages as sparm that look like this message.

I recommend using the This it No spam button for these messages to get them out of the Bayesian filters.

and stop using the subnet to increase anti-spam rates.

that could possibly be, however i cannot possibly know which emails a user marked as spam to be able to undo it. plus, if it's being rejected as spam then i'll never see the email unless i have all spams forwarded to a special "spam" account which would be enormous! : )
Also, even if i DID have them sent to a "spam" account and they were in the inbox, i would have to first mark each one as junk mail and then remark it as NOT junk mail right? i mean i've seen no "this is not spam" button while in the inbox!!
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

You can put every SPAM message automatically into your Junk Mail folder by using rules.

Then this button problem would not be a problem.
  •  
campodoro74

Quote:

You can put every SPAM message automatically into your Junk Mail folder by using rules.

Exactly, that's what I did with Apple's Mail.app: I modified the SPAM filter to move SPAM to the Junk E-mail folder. Perfect option, no button needed!
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

campodoro74 wrote on Tue, 06 March 2007 12:33

Quote:

Exactly, that's what I did with Apple's Mail.app: I modified the SPAM filter to move SPAM to the Junk E-mail folder. Perfect option, no button needed!

Actually I meant that he would be able to use the Not Spam button without first needing to move the message.
Previous Topic: How to Make Distribution Group for mail forwarding
Next Topic: LDAP and Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:57:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00519 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.