Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » outlook filters
  •  
badams7

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to map "Create Rule" when you click on a message in Outlook to Kerio mail filters?

I have a bunch of people (using KOC) creating rules that way and they don't apply to Kerio mail filters.

It is cumbersome for them to go to the Kerio Outlook Connector Store, right-click there and then creating the filter.
  •  
winkelman

badams7 wrote on Mon, 05 March 2007 19:49

Is there a way to map "Create Rule" when you click on a message in Outlook to Kerio mail filters?

Nope.
The only way is through the KOC settings or through Webmail.
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Hopefully this or something similar will get implemented in the future.
  •  
winkelman

That will not happen any time soon, because Outlook's 'own' rules are always local, while Kerio's rule are always server-side. There's no way in Outlook for a programmer to in some way connect the two...

So don't get your hopes up :-)
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

winkelman wrote on Wed, 07 March 2007 17:56

That will not happen any time soon, because Outlook's 'own' rules are always local, while Kerio's rule are always server-side. There's no way in Outlook for a programmer to in some way connect the two...

So don't get your hopes up :-)

To bad :(
But how is this working with Exchange? are rules also local and not server-side?
  •  
badams7

they need to do something

the biggest complaint I get moving people from Outlook to Kerio is the features that stop working and or disappear

filtering/sorting are pretty big features and they are severely lacking in Kerio
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

badams7 wrote on Tue, 13 March 2007 15:44

filtering/sorting are pretty big features and they are severely lacking in Kerio

What is lacking in the filtering and sorting? Have you filed tickets to request the things that you feel are lacking?

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
badams7

I guess I will file one because I have yet another customer that is having regrets moving to Kerio.

What is lacking is quite simple. Sorting, you cannot group your sorts.

The filter set compared to using Outlook filters is extremely limited.
  •  
willowsv

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Wed, 14 March 2007 03:52

badams7 wrote on Tue, 13 March 2007 15:44

What is lacking in the filtering and sorting? Have you filed tickets to request the things that you feel are lacking?

Over a year ago for me if I recall :(

You still cant "Group By" fields in mail and contact lists.

Some people here have to mass copy contacts from the global contacts to a local folder within an outlook data store to do sorting and grouping which is quite simply ludicrous. The grouping is an outlook thing so this is most likly something lacking from KOC.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 12:04]

•  
thaddl

willowsv wrote on Tue, 20 March 2007 05:00

You still cant "Group By" fields in mail and contact lists.

I just installed KMS as well an have similar complaints. I did find how to enable the "group by" feature, but it only seems to work with grouping by date.

right click on the field ... arrange by ... custom ... click the "Group By" button. then check the box that says "Automatically group according to arrangment"

[Updated on: Fri, 27 July 2007 19:39]

•  
badams7

did they ever add anything to edit kerio filters easier?

seems they could just put a link to the filters tab in the kerio toolbar where the spam/not spam buttons are...the problem is people have to navigate through a bunch of menus to setup kerio filters
  •  
TorW

The inbox rules and filtering is currently (KOC/KOFF 6.6.x) the same as stated in the messages above.
Previous Topic: cross-domain users
Next Topic: Spam Log little bug?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:19:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.