Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » DST Issues?
  •  
DSARick

Send a private message to this user
Other than the operating system updates are there any other issues with KMS in regards to the DST changes?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

•  
tpalmer

The Windows page linked to in the kb you linked to only mentions OS patches, although there is a link to other MS products. While its possible for us to infer that means the Outlook patch isn't required, it would be be really nice for Kerio to state specifically yes/no on the Outlook patch. I hate having to assume an inference.

Please set state yes/no on the Outlook patch. This has been asked four times in three threads to my knowledge without a clear answer.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I (We) have no idea, ask Microsoft... We don't develop Outlook, so we have no authority or knowledge to say if a patch is required.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
tpalmer

Kevin,

This is the first time I've been throughly unhappy with Kerio support. Thats a cop-out answer. Outlook with KOC isn't the same as Outlook as Microsoft sees it, so why should we trust them.

Tim Palmer
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm not sure what Outlook patch you mean. The DST change will affect all programs, operating systems and email (calendar) clients. All programs must be updated to new DST settings.

The only Outlook patch I know is not a patch - it is an utility that takes all events from the calendar and rewrite old time zone definition inside to the new one in all events.

Outlook itself takes timezone definition from Windows, so it is sufficient to apply update only on Windows system. However, if you did create some events that have occurrence after March with old time zone definition, you need to open and edit all these event so it will be saved with new time zone (open & re-save is enough). This is the job for that utility - it does it automatically for all events.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 March 2007 17:38]

•  
tpalmer

I called it patch because that how its commonly being referred to (Microsoft seems to refer to it as an "update" generally), but yes, thats the one. And thank you for the response. Thats really all I was looking for. While I'm sure I could have figured all this out myself, hearing from the developers of such a critical system gives me a level of certainty I wouldn't have had otherwise.

No, Kerio doesn't have to tell us anything about dealing with Microsoft's products. But Yes, if you do, you show us that you understand our concerns.

BTW, I'm not unmindfull of the bad times I hear Exchange admins are going through for this, and in general I'm happy with KMS and Kerio's support.

tim
  •  
jshaw541

tpalmer wrote on Thu, 08 March 2007 09:55

No, Kerio doesn't have to tell us anything about dealing with Microsoft's products. But Yes, if you do, you show us that you understand our concerns.

"We don't develop Outlook, so we have no authority or knowledge to say if a patch is required."

I don't speak for Kevin, but I assume he's essentially saying that he's not sure and that you should check with Microsoft. Better that, than getting incorrect information.

It's not a cop out, it's assuring that you get the correct information from the correct source.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
bperkins

In linux, you can run the following command to make sure that your server is ready for DST 2007:

zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2007

Anyone know of a windows command to do the same? I know this command works on RHEL, but I'm sure it will work on other Linux distros.

Brian
  •  
elias

The latest time zone update for XP and 2003 Server is 931836 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836). By default, Windows creates a log file for each update in the WINDOWS directory, so you can look for the presence of the log file to see if that update has been installed:

C:\WINDOWS>dir kb*.log | find "931836"
02/25/2007  08:43 PM            28,006 KB931836.log

C:\WINDOWS>

-Elias
  •  
scottwilkins

Hey guys, I'm fighting this problem too. "Problem 2" that is. It's not affecting all users, but many have had their appointments pushed forward by 1 hour.

Logging into Kerio Web Mail for any users with the problem also show the appointments pushed forward one hour. Our Windows Server 2003 Server was updated before the change, it made the change correctly.

Now, if the problem exsists both on Outlook AND Web Mail, then where was it caused? I haven't been able to figure that out yet. I'm going to submit a ticket for this and will convey anything I learn from Kerio's support to this thread.
  •  
scottwilkins

Hey! Get this! If I open an appointment to check it out, the time inside the appointment is correct, if I then save it (without touching anything inside the appointment) it saves to the correct time! Go figure!

Any ideas on that one?

EDIT: This only appears to be occuring on re-occuring appointments.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 March 2007 16:18]

•  
sonofcolin

Yes. I've seen this too. Appointments show ok in Webmail, but in Entourage they appear 1 hour ahead. Open up the appointment and it shows the correct time.

To fix this, empty the calendar cache and re-sync. Worked for me.
  •  
scottwilkins

I haven't read through this yet, but the recurring appointment problem it seems is an MS problem:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102086071033.asp x
jshaw541

elias wrote on Fri, 09 March 2007 16:29

C:\WINDOWS>dir kb*.log | find "931836"
02/25/2007  08:43 PM            28,006 KB931836.log

-Elias

Way cool, Elias. And all this time, I've been using findstr. This is a bit quicker for day to day stuff.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: Substitute the primary internal mailserver
Next Topic: bogus HELO name error???
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:34:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00579 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.