Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » About two different domains in Kerio Mail Server
  •  
snailboy

Send a private message to this user
Dear

It is my pleasure that I can use Kerio Mail Server. I found out some problems when I was trying to build up my email server. Would you mind to tell me more?

For my case, I have two domains. How can I use them at the same time? Well, I have created them in the domain page. It works if the domain was set to the primary. How about the secondary? seems doesnt work!! Could you give me a hand? I am looking forward to seeing your reply soon. Thank you for you guys kindly help~!!

Urien
  •  
mkjellman

your users just need to login for the secondary domain like so:

user<.a.t.>secondarydomain.com

etc

primary domain users can log in just as user
  •  
snailboy

but it said ERR Authentication failed when i was receving mails using pop3 by outlook express

[Updated on: Sat, 10 March 2007 18:19]

•  
vajrus

I have the same problem with second (not primary)domain - i can access through webmail but pop3/imap doesn't work for second domain.

Anybody can help?
  •  
d.

We have dual-domains working fine... It would probably help if you gave examples of your POP3/IMAP settings, for your primary and secondary domains (but with the sensitive details left out). The difference to look for is the use of the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for both the primary and secondary zones.

In the meanwhile, I'll share mine... just looking at one of our configs on a client machine...

Primary domain: mail.companyname.com
Secondary domain: mail2.companyname.com

Client IMAP (Primary):
Incoming server: mail.companyname.com
username: bob
password: xxxxxxxx

Client IMAP (using secondary domain):
Incoming server: mail.companyname.com
username: sue<_at_>mail2.companyname.com
password: xxxxxxxx

Spot the differences?

Primary: FQDN of the original server domain, and username just has the username
Secondary: FQDN of the original server domain, BUT the username has the SECONDARY domain name

Subtle, but different enough...

Similarly for webmail... Use your primary domain for all users to log in. Primary domain users just use their login name. Secondary domain users use their full email address (e.g. sue<_at_>mail2.companyname.com) to login.

Give that try...

Cheers,
D.

Previous Topic: UpdateChecker.cpp: Update check failed, an error occured.
Next Topic: Mailserver getting hacked. need help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:18:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.