Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio WinRoute configuration problem
  •  
thesaint

Send a private message to this user
Hi, im only starting with Kerio WinRoute Firewall which was recently bought by my superiors. I had some experience with Kerio Personal Firewall but WinRoute differs a lot and i have a problem properly configuring it.

We have 6 computers - LAN (University Center) and its the only connection we have, so no separate Internet and LAN connections, as might be required.
Details of our network settings are

gateway 10.0.0.1
subnet 255.255.0.0

primary and secondary dns are 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2

i have managed to set proxy details so firewall could connect to internet and register properly, and i have set basic traffic rules so my internet works (http). So Browsers work.
_________

Problem is i cant set properly neither LAN nor E-Mail.
FireWall blocks LAN so i cant see my workgroup computers, and i cant set my mail to work properly too.

Ive tried all traffic rules i could think of but its not connecting to workgroup computers, and neither wants to let mail client thru.
Actually on Connections i can see that rule is applied, e.g. mail appears to try to connect over and over again until it gives up.

Can you help me please? I understand that this isnt what i needed - personal firewall - but its bought and i have to work with it.

Thnx in advance
  •  
feite

Its not clear to me, does your firewall have an internet connection and a separate lan connection (2 network interface cards)?
  •  
thesaint

no, our computers have 1 network card, which is used for both LAN and Internet, we are all connecting to internet through one computer (somewhere in computer lab, not in our jurisdiction) and use proxy server as almost every university does. so its usual arrangement:
- LAN usage : setting workgroup for computers to share files etc.
- Internet : connecting to internet through 10.0.0.1 which is the gateway.
  •  
feite

Kerio Firewall is not for a single computer connection. You can use it to protect a single pc with one lan but is not where its made for.

Create a rule to allow access from your pc to the lan:

name: lan access
source: firewall
dest: network connected to interface lan
service: any
action: allow
translation: none

This rule allows all traffic that starts from your computer (=firewall) to the lan. You should now be able to access mail and shares. If you want to investigate which connections are made you can enable packet logging and create dedicated rules for mail and shares. Place these rules above the 'lan access' rule.
  •  
thesaint

hi, i have figured that its not for single computer but i have to work with it. i have tried to make rule like but it didnt work. now it does, thanks. i just experimented a bit and i had to turn kerio on and off and not only apply for it to work properly.

cheers
Previous Topic: HIPS stops iexplorer
Next Topic: Does KWF run on WIndows Vista?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:25:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.