Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration from Communigate to Kerio
  •  
Mara

Send a private message to this user
Is there anywhere a whitepaper for the migration procedure?

Kind regards
  •  
shaggie16

I have never seen one. However, I have done quite a few CGPro to Kerio migrations.

The easiest way I found of doing this was actually to create the user accounts on the new kerio mail server manually, then use a Perl script called IMAP sync

http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapsync/

What I like about this script is that it literally is a sync tool, so if it falls over half way through a mailbox, you can restart it and it skips what it has already done, so you don't end up with loads of duplicates.

I am sure others have done it differently, I just found this was a reliable method for me.
  •  
Mara

Hi shaggie16,

that sounds well. I'll test it next week.
I'll give you my experience.
Have a good weekend!!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We do have a special migration utility for migration from Communigate Pro to Kerio MailServer. And it does migrate much more things than simple IMAP copy. See http://www.kerio.com/kms_migration.html#cgp for more details. Please fill the contact form and we will be happy to assist you with the migration.
  •  
shaggie16

Yes you do have a special tool, but like I say, in my experience, the easiest way to do this is using IMAPSync rather than the Kerio tool.
  •  
ordway9841

Since Kerio does not support NAMESPACE, what are you passing for --sep2 and --prefix2 when using IMAPSync?

[Updated on: Wed, 09 July 2008 17:50]

•  
ordway9841

I used an open source project called imapsync. I created a shell script that had the following line in it:

/Users/aordway/Develop/imapsync-1.255/imapsync --host1 mail.ihmc.us --user1 $1 --password1 $2 --host2 imap.ihmc.us --user2 $1 --password2 $2 -ssl2 --noauthmd5 --prefix2 "" --sep2 "/" --syncinternaldates

The above is all one line. I migrated people one at a time, but you could use this to setup in a loop and put all your users/passwords into a file.
Previous Topic: Kerio Mailserver does not use the "In-Reply-To"-Feature
Next Topic: Failed POP Login User
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:51:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.