Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sophos AV
  •  
TMS1

Send a private message to this user
Hi All

We use KMS and sophos on a windows 2000 server and have seen an intermitant problem which is steadly getting worse.

About once every 2 weeks (there is no pattern to it) when Sophos updates KMS stops processing messages saying there is a problem with the anti-virus.
It clears when we restart KMS or another Sophos update comes down. There doesn't appear to be a problem with Sophos, i can run sophos on the mail server and it is upto date and functions fine.
Has any one else seen this, i couldn't find anything with a search?
We are seeing a steady increase of emails through our server so i guess this could be why it is happening more often now.

Cheers

Mike
  •  
germanr

I had the same problem. This issue happens with KMS SAV plugin. It does not happen with KWF's savi plugin.

When Sophos changes the antivirus version once a month the problem occurs.

I submitted a ticket and a workaround is to use KWF's Sophos plugin in KMS.

The file is named: avir_savi.dll

kms_inst_dir\plugins\Avirs

kwf_inst_dir\plugins

Regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
TMS1

Thanks for the reply, i shall give it a try

Cheers

Mike
  •  
germanr

it worked for me. It was tech support that gave me the workout on December ticket #VEC-386255]: AV plugin question

"Hello,

I filled it as a bug. Our developers will take a look at the issue and
find out a solution. For now, indeed as a workaround only, you can use
Sophos plug-in from Kerio Winroute Firewall in Kerio MailServer.

--
Best regards,

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2007 23:52]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
Previous Topic: UpdateChecker.cpp Error
Next Topic: Calendar for conference room reservation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:38:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.