Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » unexpected/untracable shutdown
  •  
fjlamain

Send a private message to this user
I've recently installed kwf on our new webserver (w2k3), everything looks fine except the following:
In the past two days kwf has stopped working two times. The red (x) appeared in the systray icon. So the server was left unprotected!!!
After restarting kwf (from the context menu of the systray icon) everything seems fine again. Needless to say that I am quite worried, I would't want this to happen once there is sensitive data on the harddrive...
Nothing can be found in the logs (kwf or windows). Is there any other place i could look for clues?

version info:
kwf 5.1.9
win2k3 standard

Frans-Joseph Lamain,
Pijnacker, netherlands
  •  
Alex/AT

Confirming. There are unexpected shutdowns from time to time. I have a corporate network, so I had to doubleguard against intrusion when Kerio shutdowns. The most interesting things is that it terminates gracefully, Windows 'restart on unexpected termination' service setting fails to work.

Logs show some kind of fatal internal error. When it occurs for another time, I'll post it here.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Alex/AT wrote on Mon, 01 March 2004 07:17

Confirming. There are unexpected shutdowns from time to time. I have a corporate network, so I had to doubleguard against intrusion when Kerio shutdowns. The most interesting things is that it terminates gracefully, Windows 'restart on unexpected termination' service setting fails to work.

Logs show some kind of fatal internal error. When it occurs for another time, I'll post it here.

Please send the debug log file together with your licensing information to support<at>kerio.com.
Thank you.
  •  
Alex/AT

Really I'm still using 5.1.9 trial version, so I'm unsure my licensing information is needed.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Alex/AT wrote on Mon, 01 March 2004 10:31

Really I'm still using 5.1.9 trial version, so I'm unsure my licensing information is needed.

Nevermind, send the debug log file and exact message of fatal error (I guess it is in error log).
  •  
xuss

This sounds identical to a problem I had when I tried the evaluation version on a Win2K3 server a while ago (using a slightly earlyer version of Kerio winroute 1.7 or 1.8 possibly).

Have you found out why this happens yet??

•  
Alex/AT

The problem was traced to be 4.0.5-4.0.9 versions bug. 4.0.10 fixes it completely (at least now there are no unexpected shutdowns).
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Alex/AT wrote on Mon, 01 March 2004 07:17

Hello all,

Please try to run the assist.exe utility in the Winroute directory.
Type command "assist.exe -s some_text" and check if the utility start succesfully.

Also please report any problem or error.
Don't forget to attach exact Windows version (include language mutation).

Thank you.
Previous Topic: Possible policy problem....
Next Topic: Routing 1 ip to a set port?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:35:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.