Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2k3 Connector with delay ...
  •  
kettelinks

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we are running an KMS 6.3.1on an OpenSuSE 10.1. It works very well without any errors.
All outlook-clients are connected via the kerio outlook connector. After the outlook client has started (which took double of the time as before), we can work as usual and everything works quick. If outlook is unused for serveral minutes, clicking into a different folder inside outlook takes serveral seconds, until the emails in this folder are displayed. Afterwards the programm reacts like a local pst-installation.
In my understanding outlook/or kerio makes a auto-disconnect after a time in idle mode. And it has to cache all the information again after a reconnenct because there is no pst in use.
Am I right? And, more important: Is this delay of about 5 seconds a normal behaviour? Would it be useful/is it possible to stop this Auto-disconnect?

Thanks,
René
  •  
Anonymous
kettelinks wrote on Thu, 22 March 2007 03:02

Hello,

In my understanding outlook/or kerio makes a auto-disconnect after a time in idle mode. And it has to cache all the information again after a reconnenct because there is no pst in use.
Am I right? And, more important: Is this delay of about 5 seconds a normal behaviour? Would it be useful/is it possible to stop this Auto-disconnect?

There is no such disconnect feature in KOC. If your KOC is disconnecting after a certain period of time you may have a networking problem.
  •  
kettelinks

Ok. To have it clear: There shouldn't be a delay for a few seconds after switchin back to outlook to "re-arrange" the file structure?

Thanks,

René
  •  
cachedmode

It shouldn't happen but it does.

same with a windows server
  •  
Biohazard

This is a problem that I did notice for around 2 months now. It looks if a patch from microsoft changed a thing or 2 in Outlook. Al my XP workstations have this problem. In webmail all does work perfect.

In my network all works perfect

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2007 11:51]

Previous Topic: IMAP Questions
Next Topic: remote POP3 mailboxes - forward
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:16:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.