Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF Strange Problem
  •  
hhred

Send a private message to this user
hello

first sorry my poor english, still keep trying ....

i've a strange problem with KWF:
first, we have a very specific internet solution:
we have adsl-modem connected with lan-cable to lan-card.
our provider uses a vpn-tunnel between the adsl modem (10.0.0.38) and the lan-card (10.0.0.140).
that means, i've a VPN connection in network neighbourhood.

i created standard rules with the wizard.

and now the problem:
everything seems to work fine: http, pop3 ....
but NOT smtp: netstat shows an an established connection, but mails (outlook 2003 and outlook 2007) are not sent.
if i trie telnet smtp.server on port 25, i can send commands like 'helo' and 'bye'.

also, one http connection DOES NOT work (bank: https login ok, i can navigated to my bank account, but can not view any details.

after this, i installed outlook 2007 diretly on the dedicated firewall pc.
also running xp, smtp works fine !!!

next, we connected a laptop running vista.
outlook 2003: no problems with smtp !!!

i also have to admit: the computer with the problem running xp is newly installed (we did a new installation yesterday) and with all ms-service packs and ms-windows-updates.

in the kerio logs we have seen (don't know if this is affected to our problem):
3-way handshakte errors, i do not know anything about this ....
(looking inside this error messages, it looks like there is a problem with ip-adresses:
e.g. the smtp server of the provider is 10.11.12.13,
the 3-way handshake error is affected to host 10.11.12.17 which belongs to the provider, but is no smtp server)

thanks for help
hubert
  •  
hhred

hello

strange, strange ...

i did some more test, here are the results:

220 smarthub80.highway.telekom.at ESMTP
EHLO test.com
250-smarthub80.highway.telekom.at
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 13631488
250 8BITMIME

502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)
EHLO
250-smarthub80.highway.telekom.at
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 13631488
250 8BITMIME
MAIL FROM:Admin<.a.t.>test.de
250 ok
RCPT TO: Benutzer<.a.t.>Domaene.DE
250 ok
DATEN
502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)
DATA
354 go ahead punk, make my day
betreff
:123
quit
250 ok 1174937085 qp 21580 by smarthub80.highway.telekom.at
quit
221 smarthub80.highway.telekom.at Goodbye.
Verbindung zu Host verloren.

as you can see, telnet to smtp.server on port 25 works fine.

also, i downloaded & installed TCPVIEW from www.sysinternals.com (now owned by MS):

if i go to accounts, and then "check account", pop3 and smtp is ok and the connections are shown up in TCPVIEW.

if i'm sending a (test-)email using outlook there are NO CONNECTIONS in TCPVIEW ?!?!?!?!?

am i blind or what is wrong???

hubert
  •  
feite

Create a dedicated traffic rule for the SMTP traffic. Enable packed logging for that traffic rule. Make sure the dedicated traffic rule is above some other rule that allows SMTP.
Try to connect to the mailserver and send mail. Now check the filter log to see the packets that where transmitted.

You can also try this with the SMTP packet filter disabled.

One more option: enable the SMTP protocol inspector again. Go to the debug log and richt click in the window. Select Messages... and select the SMTP protocol inspection. Connect to the mailserver and check the debug log.
Previous Topic: how to copy address groups from one kfw to a other
Next Topic: loop no kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:33:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00353 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.