Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows server 2003 R2 x64
  •  
TMS1

Send a private message to this user
Hi All
We have a new server running windows 2003 R2 x64 (with raid 10 and 4 SAS 15k drives) so i would very much like to move KMS onto it from our old windows 2000 server.
I have tried installing KMS on it and
The active directory extensions don't work (which is not really a problem)
The title screen in the administration console gives a red line about the OS being windows, not sure what that is saying?
Are there likely to be any other problems running KMS on the 64 bit version? is anyone else doing it?
I guess we would forfit support too, as it's not a supported OS :-(

Cheers
Mike

•  
jshaw541

TMS1 wrote on Sat, 31 March 2007 03:58

Hi All
We have a new server running windows 2003 R2 x64 (with raid 10 and 4 SAS 15k drives) so i would very much like to move KMS onto it from our old windows 2000 server.
The title screen in the administration console gives a red line about the OS being windows, not sure what that is saying?
Are there likely to be any other problems running KMS on the 64 bit version? is anyone else doing it?

Cheers
Mike

Submit a feature request via http://support.kerio.com . This is a community forum, so requests don't count here.

Sounds like a great idea, though. As a Windows XP|2003 x64 user, I'd like to see x64 support across the line.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
TMS1

jshaw541 wrote on Sun, 01 April 2007 18:25

Hi All

Cheers
Mike

Submit a feature request via http://support.kerio.com . This is a community forum, so requests don't count here.

Sounds like a great idea, though. As a Windows XP|2003 x64 user, I'd like to see x64 support across the line.

Ticket Sent

do you run KMS on your 2003 x64 server?
If so any problems?
I have run a test setup for a while now and don't seem to have any problems so i guess i'm going to move it over anyway.
The new server is loads faster :-)

Cheers
Mike

•  
jshaw541

TMS1 wrote on Sun, 01 April 2007 14:56

jshaw541 wrote on Sun, 01 April 2007 18:25

Hi All

Cheers
Mike

Ticket Sent

do you run KMS on your 2003 x64 server?
If so any problems?
I have run a test setup for a while now and don't seem to have any problems so i guess i'm going to move it over anyway.
The new server is loads faster :-)

Cheers
Mike

I do not run any x64 servers currently, although we are evaluating moving our MSSQL servers soon.

I run x64 on my desktop(s). It's been pretty rock solid on my desktop, but then again, I keep things pretty sane and minimal for stability reasons.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: Set Administrator password using the Admin GUI
Next Topic: Company Contact without Full Name
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 02:55:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.