Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector and Outlook 2003
  •  
tonynoriega

Send a private message to this user
Ok, so i updated Outlook 2003 with any and all service packs. I have the correct version of Outlook Connector running on my client machines....

Email pulls just fine...i can see all public and private folders, send and receive ok....

BUT it hangs and crashes almost everytime i start opening emails...it takes several minutes just to show one email....its slow....and i can not figure out why?

Does anyone have any ideas??

I tried disabling the "add on" check boxes in the advanced options to only use "kerio outlook connector", i have disabled any virus scanners, ...etc...etc...

is this just slow like this or what?
  •  
tonynoriega

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that when i try to close the application i get the "Not responding" screen, and i do a "end now"...

when i get the error reporting it says that it has to do with "WinFAX"...but none of my machines have WinFax???

just thought id throw that in too..
  •  
cachedmode

These sort of symptoms are common if you have lots of messages in your email folders.

KOC performance has been a bugbear of mine since it was released.

If the problems occur in folders with sub 100 mesages then perhaps there is another cause but it sounds like you have checked all the usual suspects.

You could try contacting Kerio support (if you have the stamina for a lot of debugging ....)

•  
toby

hi,

we have the same problem. if we try to send newsletter to our customers the client machine is busy for about 24 hours. and we only have 2000 client adresses.

also when opening outlook, it takes a while till you see any email.

i already have spoken with german kerio distributions, but they don´t have any ideas.

have you found out something?
  •  
tonynoriega

No clue...ive tried everything support could offer...and to no avail. I have a question though..., when you connect via outlook connector, when you see your folders and your messages, are you actually getting those copied to your profile in outlook, and creating a copy on your machine, or are you just reading what the Kerio server has on it?

If that is the case, i can see why it would take so long to replicate and read the messages.

But this is sure a pain in the ass, and should not operate in this manner.

My question along with that still is why is the error stating that the problem is within an application called "WINFax"..??

Is that the "Windows Fax Service" or is that an application called "WinFax"??? After the error, it sends me to Symantec's support site, and it basically says they have no solution...

I hope someone from support reads these threads becuase we are dumping Kerio in 2 weeks and going with straight web based email and POP3 outlook configuration.

•  
sedell

WinFax is a product from Symantec. Sometimes, a watered down version gets installed alongside some other Symantec products. There are a number of incompatibilities between WinFax and Outlook, since it installs add-ins into Outlook.

Try checking Outlook's Add-in Manager and COM add-ins and disable them. Also, try checking your add/remove programs list for WinFax or Symantec WinFax. If that fails, it's possible there was an incomplete uninstall at some point, a typical problem with Symantec products. There are several KB articles on Symantec's knowledge base, and the MS knowledge base (usually referring you back to Symantec) about incompatibility issues, problems uninstalling, etc. I'd start there if it's unavailable in add/remove programs to uninstall.

Scott
Previous Topic: Message sending problem
Next Topic: Set "Out of the Office" on a user without loggin in as the user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:31:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.