Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problems with network cards
  •  
keeper_c

Send a private message to this user
Hello! Sorry for my english. I've been installed KWF 6.3.0-2683 and have following troubles:

KWF works propertly for 30-40 minutes and than all my connections are droped, i can't ping or do any other things.

I have two lan-cards for localnet (Realtek 8139) and internet (3Com 3C900TPO).
I checked, that if i disable Kerio Winroute Firewall Driver Lower Layer in lan-card properties - ping will goes on (it helps only on localnet card). On other cards i must reboot computer only.. Please help.

Fidelis et Fortis!
  •  
winkelman

I know you shouldn't use Realtek-based cards with KWF. (You shouldn't use Realtek-based NIC's for serious purposes at all, but that's another discussion Cool )

Perhaps that's the problem. Do you have any means to replace that NIC and test if that's the problem?
  •  
keeper_c

Realteck is intergrated NIC in motherboard Epox. OK, i will try to use another network card - Dlink, but previous version of KWF 6.2.2-1746 works fine with Realtek without any troubles.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 April 2007 01:45]

Fidelis et Fortis!
  •  
keeper_c

It seems, that problem was in Realtek NIC card. Now uptime is 5 hours...

Fidelis et Fortis!
  •  
Nordica

yeah Realtek NIC's sucks most of the time.. and the sad thing
is that there are so many motherboards that have them integrated
Usually the stay connected but you get really bad performance
  •  
snorlax

Hi everyone,

I have a similar problem.
I have a XP machine running 3 NIC (1 for LAN and 2 for 2 different ADSL connections using the KWF failover mecanism)
When I upgrade from KWF 6.2.3 to KWF 6.3 one of my ADSL NIC stops working : nothing appears in the "Support" tab and when I try to "repair" it says that this NIC does not support TCP/IP or something like that !
When I unselect "Kerio WinRoute Firewall Driver - Lower Layer", the NIC works perfectly but is not managed by KWF anymore (seems normal if I unselect this new 6.3 component) !
On the other hand, the 2nd NIC seems to work perfectly.
When I switch cables, it doesn't solve the problem (NIC 1 Ok and NIC 2 Ko => switch cables gives the same but ADSL connection are switched !) so it's really a KWF driver problem and not a physical one.
I restored an old backup (with KWF 6.2.3) and the 2 NIC work.

The only problem is that the Realtek RTL8139/810x card works but not the Netgear FA311 !!!

Could the Realtek be that bad that it influences the other NIC ?
Or is FA311 even worse than Realtek ones ???

I could use a little help here...
  •  
mazo78

very sorry for my English
Anybody pleas help me
I've onyway satellite opensky internet pleas tel me how to configure downstream from DVB card and upstream from dial up
pleas anybody help me
Thanks for all
daag78<_a.t_>yahoo.com Sad
  •  
ziddiri

I have same problem with snorlax. In our company, we decided to use multiple gateways to connect internet. But we haven't decided yet which program we must use. Wingate is working but it drops connections oftenly. So, we decided to test winroute. I've installed last 32-bit trial version of winroute. I have 3 nic in my win2003 server. One of them is Realtek 8139 integrated nic. Others are Asus NX1101. One of the asus nics is for lan connection. Realtek and the other asus is for wan connection. If I install winroute, winroute sees only realtek in the interfaces list. If I give "ipconfig /all" command in the cmd, only realtek is listed, other asus nics are not listed. Also, as snorlax said, If I try to repair asus nics, an error occures like "TCP/IP is not active for this interface". I've added the asus cards' device unique numbers to winroute config file. But this time, winroute sees the asus cards as "down" and it doesn't see the ip settings.

I've extra one day to inform my boss to buy a internet connection sharing application. So, for now, wingate seems to be our only option.

I'm waiting your answers.
Regards.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2009 22:38]

Previous Topic: Portweiterleitung von entern nach intern und zurück
Next Topic: Software appliance version license
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:45:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00492 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.