Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » license detail for kwf
  •  
henrysbox

Send a private message to this user
I’ve introduced KWF 6.3 to my clients and they are very happy about it. I’ve been using KWF for 2 years now and this is the first time I encountered this situation.

Their office consists of 90 workstations and operates 24/7 with 3 shifts. They only need an approximately 50 concurrent connections (tops using internet) at any given time. Will there be any problem if they only buy 50 licenses.

They decided that all users need to login first to KWF (except for servers) for them to access the internet, get full use of the other features (accounting, quota, bandwidth limiter etc) and logout after they are done.

Right now I’m not sure if it will work since they are using a 30day trial of kwf (unlimited users).

All 80 workstations need to connect to the internet. This is not shared workstation as each user has an assigned PC, so having to login to kwf is the best possible way to limit the user and allow only those permitted ones (via restrictions).

what do you think? will this work, the only issue they have right now is the license thats all.
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
KWF counts devices (IP addresses) that it's setting up/regulating connections for. Each device (IP address) uses up 1 license irregardless of how many connections that device is actually using.

Thing to look out for is that even after a device stops having any connections through KWF, it will still use up a license for a specified amount of time (I believe a few hours, but you should ask Kerio about it). So if all 80 computers are accessing the Internet several times per day, in effect you would indeed need the 80 licenses even though there are not 80 clients connected at one time. If they all use the Internet, but spread out more over a week, then less licenses may be enough.
Previous Topic: problems with KWF & KMS on same machine
Next Topic: 100% blocking of Yahoo Messenger or any IM file transfers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 16:00:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00324 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.