Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Too many connections to external LDAP server
  •  
sjourney

Send a private message to this user
Getting a ton of these errors lately.
[11/Apr/2007 08:21:32] Too many connections (42) to directory LDAP server "ourserver". Number of actual connections is limited to 32 [11/Apr/2007 08:21:32] Last message repeated 21 times.
Checked settings on Domain Controller using Ntdsutil.exe and all settings seem to be set to defaults. Nowhere in the settings is 32???? So i don't have a clue where Kerio is getting this 32 from. Help Please...

Windows 2000 DCs kerio win2003

[Updated on: Wed, 11 April 2007 17:56]

•  
jshaw541

Google says http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315071

And make sure to file a ticket at http://support.kerio.com if you require further assistance.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
sjourney

Ya i checked those settings, nothing is set to 32. max conn is set to 5000. All those settings are set to the defaults listed on that KB page...
  •  
jshaw541

After a bit of research, I suspect your limitation is occurring due to the configuration in mailserver.cfg file.

<list name="Ldap">
  <listitem>
    <variable name="Domain">foo.com</variable>
    <variable name="ServerName">dc1.foo.com</variable>
    <variable name="ServerName">dc2.foo.com</variable>
    <variable name="ServerPort">636</variable>
    <variable name="BindDn">Administrator<_a.t_>foo.com</variable>
    <variable name="BindPassword">DE3:031494766746y006xx99e1eee92b61ed8b38f27c8a28b4b8b56a1b954f8bb7209</variable>
    <variable name="MapFile">ads.map</variable>
    <variable name="Filter"></variable>
    <variable name="UserBaseDn">dc=foo,dc=com</variable>
    <variable name="GroupBaseDn">dc=foo,dc=com</variable>
    <variable name="Description"></variable>
    <variable name="Enabled">1</variable>
    <variable name="PrimaryRefreshInt">30</variable>
    <variable name="LdapNetworkTimeout">10</variable>
    <variable name="SecureConnection">1</variable>
    <variable name="ConnectionLimit">32</variable>
  </listitem>
</list>

Note specifically, the section:

<variable name="ConnectionLimit">32</variable>

You can hand edit this value with Wordpad or similar, but I would probably confere with Kerio first on any possible consequences or gotchas.

HTH,
Jacob

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
sjourney

Thanks Kerio just asked for that file, we shall see what they say. thanks again...
  •  
majo72

I get this very often. Kerio, why the limit and is it safe to increase the value?
  •  
TorW

I don't know why Kerio set this value to 32 specifically, but it's best practice everywhere to set limits on resources. If Kerio hadn't done this with LDAP, you'd see a very different error once the number of connections reached 5000. It's always better to increase values that are too low, than to frantically try to handle processes that are running away with all your resources.

My 2 cents.
  •  
rkovelman

Anyone know if we can manually edit this? I have the same issue.

Too many connections to LDAP servers (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). Number of actual connections is 32 and is limited to 32.
  •  
sjourney

I can't believe that I started this thread 3 years ago!!! I still have the issue. Up to 143 connections to LDAP at the moment. I raised the value in the Conf file to 50, but it did not seem to help much. I think I had it up to around 100 at one time but it still did not matter..

Quote:
Anyone know if we can manually edit this?

read the thread its in here.

PS Kerio warned about raising it too high, could have performance hits on mail server..
  •  
rkovelman

Well raising it from 32 to 50 seemed to have helped. I do have around 53 users but again not sure how that connection thing works or what it involves? Also this only occurred when I went to the newest version of Kerio, version 7.0.1.
Previous Topic: autoreplay norepaly
Next Topic: Search Kerio forums by exact text phrase?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:19:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00492 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.