Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.4.0 RC1 released
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Version 6.4.0 Release Candidate 1 - April 12, 2007

Major new features:
+ Support for Windows Vista™
+ Support for Microsoft Outlook 2007
+ Support for ActiveSync® 4.2 and 4.5
+ Added support for new devices in ActiveSync®: Nokia E, Sony Ericsson M600, P990 and DataViz RoadSync client.
+ Added support for synchronization of Windows Calendar on Vista (calendar subscribing/publishing).
+ Support for intermediate SSL certificates
+ Increased performance and speed of WebAdmin user management.
+ Enhanced support for multiple CPUs in antivirus checking.
+ WebMail support for Internet Explorer® 7 on Windows Vista
+ Mail content is preserved if session expired during writing new email in WebMail.
+ New Kerio iSync Connector for two-way synchronization of Apple iCal and Address Book on Mac OS X.

Known issues:
Kerio MailServer
- Performance counters don't work on Windows Vista.
- Calendar publishing in Windows Calendar requires a secure connection (https://servername/ical/yourdomain.com/username/Calendar). The SSL certificate must be valid and trusted. This is a feature of Windows Calendar.

Main changes since Beta 3:
Kerio MailServer:
* Added support for decoding x-uuencoded attachments
- Fixed compatibility of meeting requests sent from Outlook 2007 to Entourage
- Fixed forwarding of DSN reports in email forwarding
- Improved slow performance when viewing certain email folder after upgrade to 6.4.0 beta.
- Fixed ability to change calendar properties in Entourage 2004
- Fixed subscription of iCal calendars in Outlook 2007
- Contact note could be lost during synchronization after editing the contact on mobile device.
- Added support for Mail for Exchange 1.3.0
- Fixed detection of Windows Mobile 6 devices
- Fixed big message downloading on Palm Treo 680

Kerio Administration Console:
* Added help file in PDF format
- Fixed size of pie charts in statistics

Kerio iSync Connector:

- Fixed non-working SSL connection
- Fixed ‘Organizer’ in calendar events
- Fixed several synchronization issues (e-mail address duplication, date shifts)

Kerio WebMail:
- Fixed many small bugs and design glitches

Download link: http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html

Complete release history: http://www.kerio.com/beta_kms_history.html

Please send your feedback and comments to kms-beta<_a.t_>kerio.com.

This version is time limited and will expire on July 1st, 2007.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:37]

•  
dnanian

Does this resolve the various ActiveSync speed/accuracy/etc issues, Pavel?
  •  
dnanian

(I ask because I now don't seem to be getting any sync at all, even though it says a ping event was sent.

And, after a restart of the phone, it's now syncing... hard to say if it's working right, since I've never used it with a "true" exchange server, but it's definitely consuming some battery!)

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2007 22:17]

•  
Richard GABRIEL

The documentation for Kerio MailServer 6.4.0 RC1 has been added to the Beta Section on our website. We hope the documentation will help with testing, especialy of the new features!

http://www.kerio.com/beta

Richard Gabriel
Kerio Technologies
  •  
maxreefer

Sorry but I'm here again with this request:
what about the possibility to "empty Junk folder for messages older than n° days"?
any news?
  •  
jshaw541

maxreefer wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 05:25

what about the possibility to "empty Junk folder for messages older than n° days"?
any news?

1. It's not mentioned in any change lists, so it's probably not in this release of 6.4.

2. You should instead ask your Kerio sales rep or file a support ticket and ask via those methods as Kerio won't publicly comment on future features or releases.

Our Kerio sales rep has been very helpful in providing us with future release/features information privately, so that we may plan.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
Svanur

Cannot upgrade from 6.3.0 to 6.4.0 RC1 server. When I try to install the RC1 I cannot pass the license agreement button. When I select; I agree, and press NEXT, nothing happens. Even if I shutdown the running mailserver, still the same problem. Anyone outthere have the same problem and solution???

Thanks in advance for any reply.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 April 2007 20:09]

•  
dnanian

OK: still having some significant sync problems with a RoadSync client (m600i). It keeps notifying that Contacts and Calendars are changing when they're not, and then I'll eventually end up with an error that requires me to reset my Contacts.

An example: at 12:00 today my sync failed. The error is "Exchange reported error status: 3, a corrupted link to the Exchange account. This is with Contacts data (which did not change today, so why it's syncing it I don't know).

The other error information is 0x7371107 (ASDataManagerErrBadStatus).

This happened again at 1 or so, and again at 2, both times followed by a contact data reset.

I've sent full logs into the kms-beta address.
  •  
Anonymous

Cannot upgrade from 6.3.0 to 6.4.0 RC1 server. When I try to install the RC1 I cannot pass the license agreement button. When I select; I agree, and press NEXT, nothing happens. Even if I shutdown the running mailserver, still the same problem. Anyone outthere have the same problem and solution???

Please submit a support ticket regarding this problem.
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

dnanian wrote on Thu, 12 April 2007 18:46

Does this resolve the various ActiveSync speed/accuracy/etc issues, Pavel?

No, it is not fixed there. ActiveSync fix (frequent changes) will be in the next build (I mean next 6.4.0 build, of course Smile ).
  •  
dnanian

Hopefully the other issues listed above are fixed as well... if you need information beyond what I've already provided both here and through email, please let me know.
  •  
My IT Indy

dnanian wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 23:40

Hopefully the other issues listed above are fixed as well... if you need information beyond what I've already provided both here and through email, please let me know.

iSync finally works! ALthough the first sync still trashed my calendars completely. I blame that on having multiple calendars set up in iCal.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
sonofcolin

Contrary to the support notes on the Treo 680, direct push DOES work with this Treo and KMS 6.4RC1 if you install Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) Update for Palm OS Devices. You need to set Autosync to 'As item arrives' in 'Mail.' So far, no problems that I have noticed.
  •  
maxreefer

jshaw541 wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 17:38

maxreefer wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 05:25

any news?

1. It's not mentioned in any change lists, so it's probably not in this release of 6.4.

2. You should instead ask your Kerio sales rep or file a support ticket and ask via those methods as Kerio won't publicly comment on future features or releases.

Our Kerio sales rep has been very helpful in providing us with future release/features information privately, so that we may plan.

I could agree with you if I'd never tried before with usual methods. I've filed many tickets like many other people here as well. I defenetevely think this is not a huge and strange request that has been requested long time ago.
I know and i understand the Kerio policy about future release but ....for example i think that webmail usability is more important than ActiveSync stuff. why? because propbably 95% uses webmail while only 25% uses ActiveSync feature. So make your conclusion about this.
Probably I'm just a little bit tired of checking every day the forum looking for this feature with no luck since 1year and half.
thanks
oregondean

Svanur wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 11:09

Cannot upgrade from 6.3.0 to 6.4.0 RC1 server. When I try to install the RC1 I cannot pass the license agreement button. When I select; I agree, and press NEXT, nothing happens. Even if I shutdown the running mailserver, still the same problem. Anyone out there have the same problem and solution???

Is anyone else having problems with the install of RC1?

We do not use synch (yet), and are anxious for Outlook 2007 and Vista support so I am am pondering RC1. Any success stories with RC1?

I have daily backups using the Kerio built in utility. If I need to downgrade back to 6.3.1 is there anything else that I should back up before I proceed?

Dean

OSX server 10.4.9, Dual G5 w/2GB of RAM
Previous Topic: 6.4.0 outlook smtp problem
Next Topic: Strange SPF errors (Kerio says it's malformed, but it is valid!)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:50:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00588 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.