Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Very Slow Upstream Speed
  •  
chipndahla

Send a private message to this user
I'm running a Windows Server 2003 Sp2 with Kerio 6.3.0 build 2683 connected directly to Internet with a symmetric 100mbit connection. My problem is that the upstream speed is _very_ low. Downstream is fine (I get around 50 mbit/s) but upstream reaches just 1 mbit. Since it is a webb and FTP-server this is a major problem. I use a motherboard integrated NVidia network card for the Internet connection. I did not have this problems before I installed Kerio. I've also disabled the protocol inspectors for HTTP och FTP but no change.

Any ideas? If I can't solve this I'm must remove the Kerio FW which I really don't want.

Kind Regards,

Andreas
  •  
winkelman

I've got a 50Mbit symmetric Internet connection hooked up to KWF and I've just tested the upload. I can only test uploads up to 8Mbit (that's my download speed at home), but KWF is able to at least fill this 8Mbit.

So at least KWF is not 'by design/bug' limited to 1 Mbit upload.

I'll give you the URL to test my upload further with your 100Mbit LAN. Check your personal messages on this forum.

KWF is running on Win 2003 R2 on an IBM xSeries rack-server with double onboard broadcom gigabit NIC's and a 3Ghz Xeon (but CPU never goes over 15% (with full AV scanning turned on) so I guess KWF is certainly not CPU limited).
  •  
chipndahla

I've actually solves my problems yesterday. Can't really understand the underlining reasons but this is how I did it:
I unchecked the QoS Packet Scheduler in the properties the WAN network card. I did however not necessary be caused by QoS Packet Scheduler since a test with an other item in the list seemed to solve too. So perhaps the restart of the network card which the configuration caused was the real solution. Don't dare to experiment any more since it is a production server but will post any more interresting results. Smile
Previous Topic: http post not working
Next Topic: how to reset STAR statistics?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:22:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.