Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAIL 8.05 Migration Help Needed.. Really Stuck.. Please Help?
  •  
naz2u

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

We currently use Ipswitch IMAIL server 8.05 and would now like to migrate users and mailboxes over to Kerio. POP3 users are fine but we need to move mailboxes of all Web users and some of them have mailboxes over 300mb...!

We have almost 290 mailboxes, 3 mailing lists, 20 groups, 120 Aliases which we need to migrate over to Kerio. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way I could create all these users very quickly and easily rather than manually creating each one?

Your help with this migration will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Naz

•  
BudDurland

I can't help you with migrating the user & aliases, but I used IMAPCOPY to move message stores from iMail to Kerio. http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html

The only problem I had was that when asked for a list of folders in an account, iMail does not return the list from the top down. This caused IMPCOPY to fail, because it would try to create "inbox\subfolder1\subfolder2\" before "inbox\subfolder1" was created. The work-around was to run IMAPCOPY in "folder only" mode several times until there were no errors (i.e., all folders exist), then run it to copy the messages.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
jpokinpo

As a fellow Imail 8.x migrant, I second Imapcopy. Important: do not dive into it. Read the documentation thoroughly (not a lot to read) and definitely run some test copies.
Previous Topic: error download new AV-update
Next Topic: Additional Categories in Tasks
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:23:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00340 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.