Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » kerio firewall corrupts explorer
  •  
drommel

Send a private message to this user
I installed a trial version recently

immediatly the address bar in ie exporer and the explore
reset after 3 seconds

any suggestions
  •  
winkelman

That's a known problem (a workaround exists) of the Kerio VPN Client, but I've not had this happen with the server... Do you use the Kerio VPN Client on the machine in question?
  •  
drommel

The problem as described happens with the reggularity of a clock
instll firewall , launch it once the explorer is corrupt

I've read but did not understand the "KNOWN" problem
A) relation VPN IP refresh and the explorer is dubious.

Relating both is clearly a dangerous bug.
It seems to be the right relation though, I crippled the VPN driver as installed on my system and the problem disapears.
By Cripling I mean disable the driver.

B) On XP I can not change the VPN SERVER IP address
May be I'm wrong but , I get the VPN driver as I allow
client VPN's to access the WInrouter. But even without any connection the problem is there. I can not set the IP address
to a fixed Address. No such options; I have the problem on the firewall server , without any clients active. I dear not risk installing a VPN client, with the bug the system becomes unusable .
  •  
winkelman

drommel wrote on Sat, 21 April 2007 10:33

I can not set the IP address to a fixed Address. No such options

What do you mean? The VPN client adapter is just a network adapter like any other. Go into its properties, edit the TCP/IP parameters and there you go: set the fixed IP you've also reserved in your KWF account, set the subnet, DNS and netbios setting and ready you are. No more explorer address bar resets.

Alternatively, just leave the clients VPN adapter disabled and only enable it when you need it.

Mind you: the above is only needed on PC's with the Kerio VPN client installed, I've never experienced the address bar reset thingy on the KWF server. (And of course the VPN client is not installed on the server).
  •  
simonseztech

Like winkelman said just change the network ip adresse of the kerio vpn card in windows xp. When you set up your user in Kerio you have the option to set a static ip for vpn client.

I don't experience the bug on server side. Maybe try the
lastest version.
Previous Topic: Site to site VPN
Next Topic: How to allow external access to specific url and port and deny all other urls?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 22:02:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.