Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » DNS issue with Kerio VPN Client...
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
How can I make my XP PC connected to the office LAN by the Kerio VPN client use KWF as DNS resolver (when connected)?

I think I've setup the client correctly:

Quote:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-E6-86-75-43
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter Kerio VPN:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Kerio VPN adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 44-45-53-54-C8-48
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.30.30.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.30.30.1

Problem is that the PC always only asks the real NIC's DNS server (192.168.1.1) to resolve names. When I explicitly tell XP to query KWF ('nslookup', 'server 10.30.30.1') it resolves office host names just fine.

Is there a way to tell XP to also try 10.30.30.1 before failing the query and not just the DNS configured in the 'real' NIC?
Previous Topic: Peer-to-peer port forwarding
Next Topic: How To Block DCC/XDCC?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:24:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.