Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Signature in HTML format show as attachment on Webmail and Outlook.
  •  
hms1

Send a private message to this user
Hi.

I test kerio 6.3.1 with some users.
When i receive a mail with an html signature with a picture in it, this signature appear as including an attachment on Outlook and the Webmail.
This is annoying because the users could not make the difference between a "regular" mail with an attached file and one with only a signature.

It is the normal behavior of Kerio? or am i missing something?
  •  
duanel

Hello,

We had the same issue with Outlook and people were getting quite cranky. After doing some research online I found an acceptable workaround for us.

First...I uploaded the logo in our signature to our webserver and then pointed the HTML signatures to reference the webserver location. Second...in Outlook, go to Tools > Options > Mail Format > Internet Format. Uncheck the box under HTML Options.

Like I said, It's been working well for us so far.
  •  
winkelman

Well, most mail clients nowadays don't show images that are actually links to external webservers (this is a security hole), so your solution may work for you, but would cause a lot of your recipients to not see the image anymore.
  •  
duanel

We haven't had any complaints from any recipients saying they can't view our image.

I know this is not the best configuration and if someone has a better method that works, I'd love to hear it.
  •  
winkelman

duanel wrote on Tue, 08 May 2007 15:29

...if someone has a better method...

There's no real solution except make a feature request to Kerio to implement the option to include image(s) in the domain footer. Many have gone before you and I hope the more people ask for this the sooner this (much wanted!) feature gets implemented.
  •  
hms1

Ok!
Then there is no clean solution at this problem.
I'll send a feature request for this.

Thanks for the advice.
  •  
hms1

Oh!
There is one thing i forgot to tell.

The behavior as explained above is true when i use the Webmail and Outlook but with Thunderbird it don't happen.

It seems that Thunderbird is smarter than Outlook + KOC and and check the mail before showing it.
Alas it's not the mail client we use.
  •  
winkelman

There are essentially two (technically non-related) problems:

1. The fact that Webmail/Outlook-KOC shows the attachment icon for embedded, inline images. You might say Webmail/Outlook-KOC is correct in showing the icon, since the embedded images are in fact send as attachments. Nonetheless it would indeed be helpful if they wouldn't show the attachment icon in these cases, since it's not an attachment from the non-technical end-user perspective.
  2. You can't use inline images yourself in Webmail, nor in the personal email signature, nor in the global domain footer. I (and my PR department, and a lot of others on these forum) would worship to ability yo use inline images in the domain footer, I would love to use inline images in Webmail messages and I would like to use inline images in the personal email signatures. I don't like to use links to external images, since a lot of email recipients will not show them...

•  
hms1

Exactly!
You said it all.:)
Previous Topic: Terminal Server or Citrix with KOC
Next Topic: Access Public contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 02:51:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.