Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » DIRECTORY HARVEST ATTACK
  •  
tonynoriega

Send a private message to this user
So recently i have been getting spammed like a son of a B****...

i mean, i can literally look at my "security" log just filling up with harvest attacks...

heres the problem....one of the IP address is coming from one of my remote offices.!!!!

So now my users in that office can not send out email because that IP address has been logged as a directory harvest attack...

NOW, the connection over there is wireless, yes it is secure....

how can this be?

does anyone have any clues, or ideas i should take to resolve this?

I am very new to Kerio, and this mail server was dumped on my lap...thanks all...
  •  
ccjwells

I had something similar happen with a remote office once. an employee tried to email someone in the main office, but had the address wrong. i don't remember if the message made it into the queue or whether the user tried to resend multiple times, but the server had made enough reattempts to send to an invalid address that it logged it as an attack and blacklisted the remote IP.
  •  
easiconseil

Hi,

And how can we un-blacklist IP in KMS ?

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
ccjwells

as far as i know, the ip is only temporarily blocked. according to the manual, it is blocked for one hour. if it is still blocked after an hour, you will need to talk to someone who knows more about this than me
Previous Topic: Entourage Exchange Account Spam Button
Next Topic: 421 dns lookup failed for sender domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:06:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00384 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.