Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleted users not removed from public address book
  •  
JamesG

Send a private message to this user
I just discovered this yesterday during a demo, and it created a slightly uncomfortable situation regarding a terminated employee.

The employee was deleted about a week ago from Kerio mail server, along with all user files.

When I was showing the Public Folder/Contacts screen, he was still there. I had to log in to my account via webmail later on and delete him from the contacts separately.

Hopefully some code can be added to remove deleted people from the public contacts list.

Additionally, and I submitted this with our presales tech support rep, the contacts need some other sorting options. When I set up an account with the name john.doe<_a.t_>bsd7.org, it is sorting by "j" instead of the full name which is Doe, John.

Thanks,

James
  •  
campodoro74

Indeed, good point! Deleted users stay in the public address list, but also modified users get added again; I've got the same user 4 times in the public contacts.
  •  
brsamuel

JamesG wrote on Fri, 04 May 2007 11:06

Additionally, ... the contacts need some other sorting options. When I set up an account with the name john.doe<_a.t_>bsd7.org, it is sorting by "j" instead of the full name which is Doe, John.

I've noticed that published names are (seemingly) randomly sorted by either [firstname lastname], or [lastname, firstname]. Not until the "File as:" sort field is changed, is the contact re-sorted correctly. Very odd, and rather annoying.

F.Y.I.
Samuel
  •  
Odin

Hi all,

it seems to be more difficult, am I right?
Are there any ideas to solve this problem, or will it be fix soon?
I'm testing with v6.4.2. build4490.

Many thanks for your help.
Odin
  •  
willowsv

I don't imagine this will be an easy one to implement as theres no link between a user and thier ocntact card so it will jave to go trudging though deleting anything that matched the users old name.

Could be disaserous for example if you had a generic "accounts" username and you deleted it and it deleted all public contacts with Accounts in the name.

Also people tend to alter the contacts we do to file correctly and add mobile numbers etc.

Kerio would have to change the code so that it doesent create contacts but rather "Virtual" contacts for all users currently on the system which means assing all the contact fields to each user and probably a special folder directly for the use of "Company Contacts" which will be a bugger to sync with.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 December 2007 11:25]

•  
winkelman

Indeed, I doubt this will ever be implemented because of all the practical implementation issues. And IMHO it's not really a problem as it is, either.

When an employee leaves the company, you have to do a myriad of things anyway (one of which is to remove the user in KMS Admin Console). Just add one thing to the procedure that says "login to Webmail and remove the users from the Public Contacts" and gone is your problem!
  •  
zwaugh

I noticed this as well, and would say although it's not a mission critical problem, it is a problem that should be fixed. Why should we have to login to the admin console and find and delete the user, just to have to login to the webmail, and do it again from the public contacts? If you have a lot of users and turnover, it's more of a productivity problem than anything else. It's even more of an issue if you have many domains. It seems a username + domain has to be unique, so I don't see why it be that hard to implement that when you delete a user, find the contact with that email address and delete that as well.
Previous Topic: best way to...
Next Topic: 6.5 BETA - KOC Offline problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:17:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.