Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reverse DNS error
  •  
ronan

Send a private message to this user
Hi. Some email is getting bounced due to a reverse dns lookup error. My domain is registered with Network Solutions who doesn't support reverse DNS. Any suggestions?

Is there a way for KMS to provive reverse dns? Maybe DynDNS?

Do I try to get reverse DNS or is the fault of the other mail servers who don't accept mail without RDNS?

Thanks

(mx2.mailhop.org: 550-RDNS-001 - 63.xx.xx.xx
does not have valid reverse DNS. Please see
550-http://spamblock.mailhop.org/ for more information on MailHop spam
550 protection.)
  •  
tpalmer

Reverse DNS is provided by the people to whom the addresses were assigned, most likely your ISP. There are situations where your ISP wouldn't provide reverse DNS, but normally if you're in that situation, you would know it. Whois can tell you the answer (whois the ip address, and it will tell you who is responsible).

These days, you really need your mailserver's ip address to be reverse mapped. Its the Right Thing To Do in general, and there are so many mail systems that check it that you really don't have any choice.
  •  
JamesG

We just had this issue today. I can confirm that it is handled via your ISP, not your domain name service.

AOL is doing Reverse DNS lookups now, and probably many others.

The really nasty part of this whole thing is that there is an SMTP failure response at the server level, but no bounce message as far as I can tell.
Previous Topic: An IMAP Migration Tool that works with EIMS
Next Topic: 6.4.0 outlook smtp problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:35:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00420 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.