Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iSync Connector problem (iCal)
  •  
dthurston

Send a private message to this user
OK, so I made a backup of my iCal database and removed all of my subscribed calendars.

I then installed the Kerio iSync Connector (6.4.0, 3376).
In the preference pane, I entered my account name and password. I then selected only one calendar to sync (Calendar). I de-selected the Address Book as I don't want that at this time.

When I attempted to "Synchronize Now", I got the following error, which I attached a picture of.

[ISyncConreteSession notePushingOfUnknownEntityNames:forRecordWithIdentifier:]: The entity com.apple.calendars.Task is not know; you can't push records of this type

Any idea what the heck is going on here?

• Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 38.53KB, Downloaded 550 times)
  •  
jefflessard

I have the same error.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please upload a report by "Send report" button in the Advanced tab.
Do you have any ToDo items in the Calendar?
  •  
jefflessard

Hello,

OK I just sent a report.

Do you mean if I have ToDos in my calendar in iCal or in the webmail (in Kerio)?

I don't have ToDos in iCal, as I have backed up and deleted every calendar I had. In Kerio, I had one ToDo (very old) that I just deleted. I will try another sync and let you know how it goes.

regards,

Jeff
  •  
jefflessard

It still dosen't work, I am unable to sync anything.

I have attached a screen shot of the iSync connector control panel that as been "synching" all night...

I can not send a report as it dosen't give any error.

•  
dthurston

Just sent the report.

What I did was to backup my iCal database (using the menu command in iCal) and then install the Kerio iSync Connector.

I then added my account info and managed to un-check the address book option before it deleted anything, but it generated a different warning about the calendar.

I then clicked "Synchronize Now" and it gave me a dialog about changing a large number of things in the calendar on the computer. I said OK, and it dutifully removed all events that had been added to the Kerio calendar. The iCal calendar that represented the Kerio one was also blank.

Subsequently adding things in iCal and synchronizing did allow them to be posted to the Kerio server, but I had to manually re-add the removed events.

I am not sure I want to do much more testing on this, but can if required.

• Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 35.75KB, Downloaded 474 times)
  •  
jefflessard

It works now.

The way I solved it is:

We are running Mac OS X server 10.4, in wich the web server was using the port 80 for redirecting every of its demand to the HTTPS port. (That way, users didn't had to write down HTTPS:// when logging to the webmail) So I deactivated that, and started the HTTP service (not only HTTPS) in Kerio under port 80.

I hope it can help someone else,

regards,

Jeff

•  
seali

I believe this will be a problem for anyone running HTTPS via Kerio and HTTP via Apache/Mac OS X Server.
  •  
dthurston

Actually, my Kerio machine isn't running Apache at all. Even on my real mail server, it's only hosting on an alternate port (not 80).

HTTP and HTTPS are all from Kerio in my install.
  •  
grussell

I had the same error as above. I tried removing all tasks from both iCal and Kerio Webmail, and now I get this error:

Internal error occured during the synchronization.

*** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value

I reported using the included bug reporting tool. Anybody have any ideas?
  •  
feuser

Same here - we're running a few apache V-hosts besides kerio which is https only.

Not sure how that would have a bearing upon the iSync issue discussed (I am seeing the same message the OP reported "PushingOfUnknownEntity...").

My settings are to use SSL (on default port 443) and I am not seeing any port 80 traffic to my server in netstat during sync.

Moreover, I am getting the same error with iCal syncing on, but all calendars deselected. My guess is that the iSync cache of all active and inactive iCalendars is read and some parsing error occurs when there are events of a certain type (to-dos)?
  •  
WilliW

Hi,

I had the same problems because I don't user Port 80 for HTTP. If you change the URL in the Exchange settings of Apple Addressbook from http:// to https:// it should work.

Maybe this helps.

Willi
Previous Topic: directory harvest attack
Next Topic: Couple of questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:47:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.