Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » MSN Messneger finally works in KWF 5.x - HOWTO
  •  
Speed666

Send a private message to this user
First check the Services in your guest computer.
Universal Plug & Play Host should be started automatic
SSDP Finder Service shoud be started automatic.
Next go to the KWF Admin Console and in Advanced Options Set the UPNP On and log connections.
Next go to the Traffic Policy and add the rules:
Source ANY Destination Firewall Service PORT TCP 1863 and UDP 7001. Select Permit and loging.
Next add the rule
Source ANY Destination Firewall Service PORT TCP 2168 and UDP 1900. Permit and logging.
Log out your MSN client and Log in once again. It should say that it's connected through Symmetric NAT (UPNP).
Bye.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 February 2004 23:37]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Speed666 wrote on Sat, 28 February 2004 23:36

Next go to the KWF Admin Console and in Advanced Options Set the UPNP On and log connections.
Source ANY Destination Firewall Service PORT TCP 1863 and UDP 7001. Select Permit and loging.
Next add the rule
Source ANY Destination Firewall Service PORT TCP 2168 and UDP 1900. Permit and logging.
Log out your MSN client and Log in once again. It should say that it's connected through Symmetric NAT (UPNP).
Bye.

Thanks Speed666.
I just want to say there is an article about UPnP settings in KWF in our Knowledge Base at http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=q uestiondetails&_i=57&nav2=Kerio%20WinRoute%20Firewal l.
  •  
Speed666

Yes Pavel, it is. But that article didn't help me. It's should be updated. Thanks for advice.
  •  
techkid

Winroute 5.1.10 has a service called Windows Messenger (TCP SOURCE=ANY DESTINATION=1863.

If you are running a proxy server then include this in MSN Messengers connection details.

TK.
  •  
Deep

i just enabled upnp service in winroute firewall and msn worked for me Smile

Deep
  •  
techkid

One thing that is not made clear is that when you use translate are you translating it to your ip or the connection you are trying to establish contact with (ie) the person you are trying to talk to.

TK.
  •  
DonChino

Just curious, cant this just be ADDED as ONE RULE with all FOUR OPTIONS or must it be done as SEPARATE rules?
Just make ONE RULE called MSN Messenger and all the TCP and UDP portas in one shot...

Speed666 wrote on Sat, 28 February 2004 17:36

Next add the rule
Bye.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 April 2004 06:38]

•  
wywywywy

Hi,

I just tried this but it doesn't work for me Sad
Is the second rule actually:
Source Firewall Destination ANY Service PORT TCP 2168 and UDP 1900

??

This probably explains why Speed666 listed them as two seperate rules.
However, I tried it and it still doesn't work...
  •  
DonChino

THESE instructions obviously being OF NO USE for those of us running Windows 2003 Server since they have done away with the Universal Plug and Play Service. So how exactly do you get it to work with Windows 2003 although I am currently using the Proxy Server Setting...

Seems to work, just disconnects if you leave it idle for a long time, I noticed. But using the IE proxy server defaults work without any changes.

Overnet?

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2004 09:24]

•  
MikeRD03

I had the same problem that the procedure above didn?t work for me but finaly I got a solution for Messenger v6.2:

I added a traffic rule with Source/Destination ANY for the Ports 1863, 2168,6900,6901 TCP and 1900, 6900, 6901, 7001 UDP
Don?t forget PERMIT and Logging at first time.

Enable HTTP proxy at port 3128 in the firewall and configure the messenger to use a HTTP proxy on this port.

After the everything is possible including file transfer, voice and WEB CAM.

But I wonder why UPnP isn?t working despite of the activation of UPnP Service on Workstation and Firewall.. Any hints ??? Is v6.2 of the messenger supported for UPnP in v6.0.0 ???

Hope it helps somebody
Bye
Mike
Previous Topic: Kerio WinRoute 6.0.0 released
Next Topic: Help! Problems in Kerio 5.1.10, it stops suddenly
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:33:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.