Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » koc 6.4 and outlook 2007
  •  
badams7

Send a private message to this user
Anyone else no longer have properties on folders where you can set subscriptions/permiisions, spam filter tabs, etc etc?

All I show now is General, Home Page and Auto Archive tab.
  •  
badams7

I guess nobody else is seeing this problem?
  •  
boyko

Hi,
I am seeing this problem very often.

It does not concern office 2007 only.

I get this error when outlook crashes and I cannot seem to get back the full functionality back.

I have written to support and here is their suggestion:
It appears that the Kerio Outlook Connector has become disabled. Please follow one of the following 3 methods to enable it. If one method doesn’t work, try another (the last one is in the KB article you cited). After trying each method, verify whether Outlook Connector is working.

1) Right-click in an open area near the Outlook tool bar (near where the Spam and Not Spam buttons should be) and make sure that Outlook Connector is selected. If it is not, select it.

2) Click on Help in the Outlook top bar and select “About Microsoft Outlook”. Click on the “Disabled Items ...” button at the bottom. If Outlook Connector is shown as disabled, click on it and click Enable and click Close and then OK.

3) Click on Tools in the Outlook top bar and select Options -> Other -> Advanced Options -> Add-in Manager. If not already, check the “Kerio Outlook Connector UI Extensions” checkbox. Click OK and OK.

I have tried everything but point "2" but did not achieve the result.

What works for me is this:

SOLUTION:

Note 1:If the user is running ANY INDEX program for his/her mail (MSN Search, Google desktop, X1, yahoo, etc) - all need to be FULLY STOPPED before you initiate this procedure

1. Uninstall Kerio Outlook Connector from add/remove programs

2. Navigate to HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-35785*****-**********-**********-****\So ftware\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging subsystem\Profile and delete the whole folder

3. Open up any other office application BUT NOT Outlook. For example, Microsoft Word. From the Help menu select "Detect and Repair". This will launch a repair process.

4. UNCHECK "Restore my settings while repairing"

5. CHECK "Discard my customized settings and restore default settings"

6. Close the office application and click RETRY

7. Once the process is complete. Install the latest Kerio Connector Build from the root of S:\ drive

8. Open you Outlook and set up the account with your credentials, etc.

9. To verify everything is installed correctly, open your outlook and click on the Help > About Kerio Outlook Connector. A new window should pop up stating your installed version.

Note 2:Repairing the problem from a different profile rather then the user;s (for example using local Administrator in stead of user<_a.t_>telerik.com WILL NOT RESOLVE the problem)

Hope this helps
  •  
sedell

boyko wrote on Tue, 10 July 2007 04:52

1) Right-click in an open area near the Outlook tool bar (near where the Spam and Not Spam buttons should be) and make sure that Outlook Connector is selected. If it is not, select it.

2) Click on Help in the Outlook top bar and select “About Microsoft Outlook”. Click on the “Disabled Items ...” button at the bottom. If Outlook Connector is shown as disabled, click on it and click Enable and click Close and then OK.

3) Click on Tools in the Outlook top bar and select Options -> Other -> Advanced Options -> Add-in Manager. If not already, check the “Kerio Outlook Connector UI Extensions” checkbox. Click OK and OK.

I have tried everything but point "2" but did not achieve the result.

Why did you not perform step 2? Every time I see a problem where the KOC functions aren't working, this solves the problem. Usually it's because Outlook crashed, and when re-started, it prompts the user with a message saying something to the effect that the Kerio plugin crashed, do you want to disable it. The users never read or understand what they're responding to, so they click Yes, and cause the KOC plugin to become disabled in Outlook.

Scott
  •  
boyko

I haven't tried this because I have not had a case since I got the hint from Kerio support (7 days ago)

It is good that you report it is actually helpful, I believe I will have a "patient" report a problem soon enough so I test it Twisted Evil
Previous Topic: Posting Announcements from Kerio Webmail Login
Next Topic: strange error kms6.4 on mac osx : (9) Bad file descriptor
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:57:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.