Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.4 - OSX Server 10.4.9 and ClamXav/Clamav
  •  
thheidemann

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm trying to get the virus scan to work with the above mentioned configuration - I am a complete UNIX novice and completely helpless.

Doest anybody know a tutorial how to configure this?

Th.
  •  
sonofcolin

If you are a complete UNIX novice and not familiar with the command line, then I think you will find it difficult to install and configure ClamAV. If you just want to try on a test server, then go ahead and use some of the information in these forums and also the Kerio Knowledgebase. Production server - use the integrated (not free) scanner.

You can install clamXav (a GUI installer for ClamAV on OSX), but you will need to configure this to communicate with KMS.
  •  
My IT Indy

I completely agree with sonofcolin. Just pay for the McAfee plugin and be done with it for now. I would not rely upon ClamAV for a production server personally.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
sonofcolin

ClamAV works great with KMS and OS X server, but setting it up isn't straight forward and requires a lot of testing to get it to work in a way that suits your requirements. We do use it on a production server and have run into problems in the past.

There are instructions for installing on OS X on the Kerio forums and in the Knowledgebase. You then need to edit clamd.conf and freshclam.conf to get a working installation with KMS.

Many feel that ClamAV has better detection rates than other commercial products, but what you get with a commercial product is support when things go wrong!
  •  
timur

How much for McAffe?
  •  
jensonyu

I tested Clamav with my KMS 6.3.1 trial server back in Dec, 2006 and had it working with KMS 6.3.1 production server (Mac OS X 10.4.9) since Feb 2007. My Unix background is also limited but I got it working.

I pay for the McAfee but also have Clamav set up, because after using it for a while, I find Clamav is updated more frequently and it catches the phishing emails that McAfee never does.

thheidemann, you don't need a lot of experience with Unix to instal Clamav. Just read the docs from clamav.org and have a test computer and you will finally figure it out. Having said that, you do need to have some computer knowledge above regular computer users. Smile
Previous Topic: Public Calander & Contacts not visible in Outlook - 6.4 upgrade
Next Topic: Can't authenticate to kerio via PAM + LDAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:19:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.