Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Redirecting problem with KWF
  •  
Attila

Send a private message to this user
I use WinRoute on my wireless network, and have some problems with it.
1. Redirecting after login doesn't work. Login page freezes and nothing happens. I close browser, and after that everything works fine.

2. From client computers I can't view any statistics, because it won't redirect to statistics page after login.

3. users can't view their preferences, and therefore they can't change their passwords.

This all happens only at client computers. At server everything works fine.

Is it my network, WinRoute configuration or something else.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I use KWF 6.3.0. With 6.2.2 users could access the preferencies page but the problem with redirecting stayed.
  •  
linuxbox

same thing happens to me on latest build...after login there is no redirect, just hangs.....anyone solve this?
  •  
linuxbox

why is this still an issue? makes no sense..
  •  
winkelman

Do you have any other security software installed on the PC's that might be interfering? Redirection is often blocked by desktop security solutions, since it can be potentially misleading. These days anti-virus products often also interfere with network traffic...
  •  
linuxbox

winkelman wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 05:27

Do you have any other security software installed on the PC's that might be interfering? Redirection is often blocked by desktop security solutions, since it can be potentially misleading. These days anti-virus products often also interfere with network traffic...

absolutely not. fresh xp service pack 2 machine. no antivirus software at all installed on it, no firewall/security software on it...hardly anything at all running on it. the gateway is set to the KFW machine and i get the login screen and after i type in the user/pass it just sits there and does nothing; although i can refresh the page to another site and it does go to the page...so it does actually login but i don't get forwarded automatically to the page i was headed for in the first place, which is not good.
  •  
winkelman

What about the Internet Explorer Security Settings? What level is set? All default? There settings there that could hamper redirection.

Did you try another browser? For example Firefox? Could help in troubleshooting. Let's say Firefox works ok, then you know it's a local browser issue and not a server-side problem.
  •  
linuxbox

i'm rebooting the client pc for testing...installed some windows updates. normally it had IE 7. i downloaded firefox before i rebooted and it didn't work either.
okay, just rebooted, still neither browser works.
using firefox it sits and says in lower left:
"waiting for myserver.mydomain.com:8056"

i changed the web interface and https web interface ports to
8055 and 8056 from it's default. KFW also has Sophos antivirus on it..would that cause issues?

•  
linuxbox

i think i solved this problem...my fault entirely.
i had the local area connection rule for going OUT to destination
ANY having the NAT translation set to the INCORRECT interface instead of the interface with the Public Ip address...simple/stupid mistake!!! my apologies!

after logging in i'm immediately transferred to the destination url i had intended. is this the normal process? is there a page a user can view his/her details or usage?

thanks again.
  •  
wwillard

I was having this same prolem for months. After reading this I changed the default setting from "use outgoing" to the actual outgoing interface and it solved my problem. Many thanks!
  •  
gshmar

hi there

i have exactily the same problem as you were facing

can you plz tell me your setting in traffic policy + URL forwarding ...
i think i have problem in the url formarding ,,

waiting for your responce

regards
Previous Topic: Automatic login not work
Next Topic: Authentication, w2003
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:31:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.