Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot send emails, but can receive.. (in KOC)
  •  
ardinescc

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I just upgraded our Kerio mail server to v6.4. I intalled KOC v6.4 on my Windows Vista with Outlook 2003 SP2. I can receive but cannot send emails. It never worked on v6.3.1 as well.

Error message is;

"Task 'Kerio MailServer - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)"

However, I have no problem sending emails using IMAP/SMTP. No firewall is installed and antivirus is disabled.

Help pls!

Thanks,

Chris

[Updated on: Fri, 15 June 2007 03:17]

•  
Stoo

Problems sending when recieving is fine is normally due to not authenticating for outbound mail. Under "Email Accounts" in Outlook, "More Settings" then "Outgoing Server" tab. Ensure that the tickbox is checked and "Use Same Settings" is selected.

Hope this helps,

Stoo
  •  
ardinescc

Hi,

I have no problem in Outlook if I use IMAP/SMTP. The problem is when I use KOC. I upgraded to v.4 but to no avail.

Any other idea?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 June 2007 03:16]

•  
pstrooij

I have the same error/problem on a laptop with Vista, Outlook 2003 SP3 and KOC 6.4.1 (build 3679). Is there already a solution for this?
  •  
ardinescc

Bumping up..

I still couldn't send email from KOC (but can receive). I'm using MS Outlook 2003 SP3 and KOC 6.4.0 installed on Windows Vista Business Ed.

Please help. Thanks.
  •  
microalps

Is this computer in LAN? If not, the ISP may be blocking outgoing SMTP traffic. In this case, you would want to set up an alternate SMTP port such as 587 and change the KOC settings for the client.
  •  
ardinescc

Hi, thanks for your input. Yes, the computer is on our LAN.

I don't think the problem has to do with the SMTP port settings as I can send emails if I use the profile for IMAP/SMTP in Outlook. But when I use the profile for KOC, I can't send but can receive.

Any other idea?
  •  
winkelman

I have a similar situation in KOC after I updated our self-signed certificate to a 'real' one and put KMS into a 'require secure connections' mode. Luckily I was only toying with KOC and we're not really using it, so it does not cause any further problems here.

I was in contact with Kerio about this, but that didn't yield an immediate solutions, so I stopped trying to solve the problem.
  •  
AgentSmith

Nice to know I am not the only one experiencing the problem where Outlook and KOC cannot send email. Server and pc are both in a LAN with no ports blocked between them but outlook keeps telling me that it cannot connect to the smtp server (error 0x80042109). The smtp service is running. All running services:

SMTP (25)
Secure SMTP (465)
Secure IMAP (993)
Secure HTTP (443)

This problem started after upgrading KMS and KOC from 6.4.0 to 6.4.2. The configuration of KMS hasn't changed after the upgrade. Webmail works fine. Sending mail with a pda and activesync works too.

Might a downgrade solve this problem?

[Updated on: Tue, 05 February 2008 18:05]

•  
AgentSmith

This is odd: with the exact same configuration on another pc (Windows Vista, Outlook 2007 SP1, KOC 6.4.2) and the same user account on the same email server sending email (over the internet) is not a problem. Now what is going on here?? Uninstalling and then reinstalling KOC on the first pc did not solve the problem.

I will try to reinstall Outlook as well as soon as I have the time. Too bad there is no way to find out why KOC won't work as it should.
  •  
AgentSmith

Uninstalled and then reinstalled both Outlook and KOC completely but still no effect. Now what is going on here and why is it impossible to get more debug information than just that annoying message saying the smtp server does not respond??

If someone knows any possible solutions please share! Like I said before: it all used to work before the upgrade from KMS/KOC 6.4.0 to 6.4.2 and it still works on another pc with the exact same configuration but over the internet. There is no firewall blocking any traffic between server and LAN.
  •  
simonkenning

How do you connect via KOC - using SSL? Have you tried using the "Check Connection" button in Account Settings. I use KOC with SSL and have the ports setup as follows:

IMAP: 993
SMTP: 25
HTTP: 443

I haven't had any problems connecting to KMS (6.4.2) via KOC and have a mix of Outlook clients ranging from XP to 2007 (with all latest Service Packs) on Windows XP and Vista 32bit and 64bit.

Hope that is of help,
Simon Kenning
  •  
steven

i have the same problem, strange thing is, i only have it with one of the current 75 KOC installations, strange thing
  •  
AgentSmith

Yes all those ports and yes did check the connection. Like I said, Outlook connects fine it just doesn't send new emails. I am now hoping that KMS 6.5 will magically solve this...
simonkenning

Could it be that your Antivirus client is scanning your outgoing email and causing a connection problem?
Previous Topic: fail2ban fighting spam attacks
Next Topic: KMS 6.5
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:56:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00553 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.