Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How can I share files between 2 PC in a LAN
  •  
darks0ul

Send a private message to this user
Hy,

ever since i installed winroute and force me to disable ICS i cannot exchange files between my 2 PC on "My network places"

Everything else is working fine, i have ping between them and also internet at both of them

What can I do?
  •  
mindhunter.2007

i suggest u to use remote desktop connection.
  •  
philipms

And how exactly do we do this?

This is the most basic feature I think most people will want. Say my wife & I have 2 computers in our home office and we want to be able to share our files, etc. How do we setup for this in step by step configuration?

thanks,
Philip
  •  
darks0ul

If I'm not wrong both computers or more must be in same network workgorup at least this was the way i used for a lan before kerio

I manage to transfer files also via clientless VPN but when i login i can see my workgroup name, when i click on it it gives an error, so i made a bookmark with a path to my shared partition
like this: \\computername\sharename
Why cannot see what i shared when i click on workgroup name in clienless SSL-VPN
A problem still remains, my shared partition after i made a bookmark is accessed with an enourmous delay, i have to wait 2 or 3 minutes just to access a directory after i hit "go one level up" i have to wait another 2 or 3 minutes Why?
The bookmark enetered for the other computer is responding very fast when i enter into a directory or navigate through folders

Whit this method it works also from my computer, manage tab and enter the path from the other computer

Solutions? BTW, I cannot use the remote desktop connection because nobody wants his screen stealed by other member in the network, when u work for example so remote desktop is not a solution, i only use this feature to access my computer from work
not to share files in a LAN with all computers in the same room or house

if anyone has ideas about the access delay pls post here

darks0ul,

•  
makoto

I would check your Windows Firewall settings. Even if you have your Windows Firewall disabled, it still blocks ports.

Try going into the control panel and then Windows Firewall.

Click on the Exceptions tab and make sure that "File and Printer Sharing" is checked on both computers.

Also, make sure that you have a rule in your Kerio traffic policy that allows the firewall and LAN clients to communicate with each other.
By default, it creates one called "Local Traffic" if you used the Wizard.
Previous Topic: Kerio VPN for Wireless security
Next Topic: Printing Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:34:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.