Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Inviting organizer to events on public folder calendar
  •  
cybertechcafe

Send a private message to this user
I am looking for a way to setup a 'tech schedule' calendar on my KMS. We currently have KMS setup and can sync our PDA's OTA, and it works great. The thing that we are having trouble with is that we don't have a consolidated location to put everyone's schedule. Ideally, we would be able to have a single public folder calendar that, when we needed to schedule a tech, we would schedule them on that calendar and just send them an invite. Where this runs into trouble though is that the organizer can't seem to invite himself or herself (e.g., get the event replicated to his / her calendar). It looks like this has been hashed over a bit with regard to resources (specifically, conference rooms), but I've not found a good work around for it. We're on KMS 6.4 on Linux and we're using the webmail as our primary client. Any suggestions?

The box said "Requires Windows 98 or better", so I installed Linux
  •  
cybertechcafe

Send a private message to this user
I've just noted something interesting about this. Because of the performance issues with the KOC, I've been using webmail exclusively. Just for giggles, I decided to try this same thing with Outlook (via the KOC). To my surprise, when I created an event on a public folder calendar and added myself as an attendee, an email was sent to my webmail (never showed up in Outlook) with an option to accept. When I accepted, it posted the event to both my calendar and the public folder calendar.

Is anyone else having any luck getting this to work? Is there a work-around that I'm missing?

The box said "Requires Windows 98 or better", so I installed Linux
Previous Topic: Help with Attorney Request
Next Topic: Web mail problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:37:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.