Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » webmail kicks users on slow connections, a lot.
  •  
scottwilkins

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone else seen this problem: When a user connection to Kerio via web-mail over a slow connection, they are often kicked with a "login timeout" error. Similar to what you'd see if you walked away from the computer for x minutes, but instead they are actively using web mail at the time it occurs. This occurs no matter what version of the web-mail interface is chosen at login (fast or slow). The speed is good, that is as good as the connection will allow, but on some functions the user is requested to re-login. I was able to verify this problem this weekend, when my broadband connection at home went down. I used my cell phone tethered to my laptop to connect to check the status of machines at work (we were experiencing heavy storms at the time) My cell phone's connection fortuantely is not as slow as a modem, but still slower than broadband. Give about a 100K up/down link speed. Just enough to make web-mail still nice enough to use. That is, as long as I could stay logged in. The issue would almost always occur on a delete message attempt, but would also show randomly on other tasks.

I would have just figured it was due to cell phone connectivity, but learned this morning that another user has seen this issue since our upgrade to 6.4.0. That user lives in a rural area that is only serviced by modem connectivity.

Anyway, I figured I'd see if others had noticed this before I submitted a support ticket.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Send as an alias? [Solved]
Next Topic: KSP not starting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:46:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.