Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Cisco VPN Client running on Firewall.
  •  
makoto

Send a private message to this user
Here's my problem, I am running 64-bit versions of Windows on a couple of computers, one computer has XP Professional 64-bit, another has Vista 64, and another Windows Server 2003 64-bit edition.

Unfortunately, Cisco has not released a 64-bit VPN client (but Kerio has Very Happy). What I was thinking about doing is running the VPN Client on the same machine that is running Kerio WinRoute (which is running on XP 32 bit) and then create a rule that will allow the LAN computers to communicate to the Cisco VPN network.

I gave this a try, but once I connected to the Cisco VPN, I wasn't able to access the Internet through any computer.

Is my idea possible? I would like to know before I spend more time trying to get my idea to work. If it does work, then I will be very happy to know that I will be able to connect to my office networks.
  •  
makoto

Send a private message to this user
I got it to work!!! However, not quite perfectly.

On my Kerio WinRoute Firewall computer, it's running Windows XP 32-bit. I also have it connected to a VPN connection using Cisco's VPN client.

I have a couple of computers that can not run the Cisco VPN client because Cisco doesn't have a 64-bit client.

So what I did, is created a rule in WinRoute that allows it to work:
-----------------------------

Source: LAN, and All VPN Clients (so that I can VPN into the WinRoute computer with my Vista-64 laptop, which in turn VPNs into the Cisco VPN. A bit cumbersome and could slow things down a bit, but it works).

Destination: Cisco VPN network adapter (actually a virtual network adapter installed by the VPN Client software)

Service: Any

Action: Allow

Translation: Translate to IP address of interface: Cisco VPN

------------------------------

The only problem I'm having is that I can not lookup the IP addresses of the remote VPN computers from my LAN computers, however, the Firewall can find the IP addresses. However, I was able to get around this by creating entries in my hosts file.
Previous Topic: Statistics differs in KWF admin console and user's web interface
Next Topic: Not to pass for proxy ??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:32:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00351 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.