Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Backup Mailserver Resending Rejects?
  •  
becatlibra

Send a private message to this user
I set up a backup mailserver and am having an issue I didn't forsee. Everything that is getting rejected (by timeouts or blacklist or whatever) is getting sent to the backup server and then resent back with the backup servers domain name on it (so it's not being flagged as spam.) What the hell? Is there a way around this? Am I missing something?

The backup setup is a service offered by dnsexit.com (I didn't have the option right now of setting up my own using postfix or something because I don't have an offsite server.)

Anyone else run into this? Did anyone else solve it?

Thanks

Benjamin

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2007 16:29]

•  
blackbox

Are you saying all email forwarded from smtp.dnsexit.com is bypassing your spam filters?

Or are you saying a higher than normal percentage of email from smtp.dnsexit.com is bypassing your spam filters?

Given this particular setup all spam filtering should be functional, with the exception of SPF and Caller ID, as these are now useless (with email forwarded from a backup email server vs their original originating email server).

Is it possible you have smtp.dnsexit.com in your trusted relay settings, thus disqualifying it from many filter techniques?

--
blackbox

•  
becatlibra

Actually the problem is that all of the 'blacklisted' mail and SPF mail that our mailserver is kicking is getting sent back with the backups domain so it's not getting blacklisted anymore. Some of it is getting caught as spam but some not as well.

I got a link to a virus in an email today. Our local AV caught it (I ran it in a test environ just to see.) However kerio, spamassassin, mcaffee and clamav didn't catch it. I have updated our clamav to the latest version (I use the dual scanning setup.) I also canceled the backup service. It's just not worth it - it makes some of kerio's best features pointless. I host the server myself and it is up 99.9% of the time. Don't cry over spilled milk (or lost mail as it were.)

Thanks

Benjamin
Previous Topic: 6.4 ActiveSync Error
Next Topic: Result: failed, Status: 5.5.2 5.3.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 22:32:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00354 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.