Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS' features under OS X
  •  
funkahdafi

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

the last time I tried KMS was back in December last year. Setting up calendar syncing between KMS and Apple's Calendar application was far from being really usable. Shared calendars could not be edited by others etc.

How far has come KMS since then? I read about the new iSync connector. How well does it work? Are shared calendars fully supported now?

Also, can public folders be used in Apple Mail.app?

Basically - can I fully replace Entourage with the native Apple apps and still use all important KMS features like collaboration (e.g. shared calendars, folders, address books) and have full syncing?

Thanks
Sascha
  •  
funkahdafi

•  
ahoutzer

The iSync Connector does not work. It fouls up the times of all events, apparently by the difference between the local time zone and GMT. The problem has been reported, but I know of no update on it. There is no workable solution that I know of.
  •  
funkahdafi

hm. that's too bad. I thought they advanced the product within the last 7 months. obviously not...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

ahoutzer wrote on Fri, 22 June 2007 02:12

The iSync Connector does not work. It fouls up the times of all events, apparently by the difference between the local time zone and GMT. The problem has been reported, but I know of no update on it. There is no workable solution that I know of.

The workaround is simple. Set time zone to America/New York instead of US/Eastern in iCal.
  •  
funkahdafi

what might be simple for some people might be impossible for others. setting a different time zone might conflict with other stuff that is dependant on the correct time zone. sharing calendars , anyone?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is not different time zone. It's a same one only with different name.
  •  
ahoutzer

pDobry said:

I will certainly try this. It makes no sense, as New York is simply a city in the US Eastern time zone, but I will try it. We are in the same time zone as New York, but we certainly do not think of ourselves as New Yorkers, so naturally we used the US/Eastern setting. I only wish that someone had communicated this to me, as I do have a support ticket in on this.
  •  
funkahdafi

I am in Germany. It doesn't make sense to set my time zone to New York. Or are you saying it should work by using any other city too?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

funkahdafi wrote on Fri, 22 June 2007 16:02

I am in Germany. It doesn't make sense to set my time zone to New York. Or are you saying it should work by using any other city too?

There is no problem with European or German time zone. KSC will work with no problems. The problem described above is only in certain time zones.
Previous Topic: E-Mail Archiving and New Federal Rules
Next Topic: Searching e-mail body via KOC, advanced find
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:21:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.