Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 'not connected'
  •  
andy.korn

Send a private message to this user
We have had a problem since upgrading to Kerio mailserver 6.4.0 where we get a "Not Connected" message in Entourage right next
to their mail account inbox usually during launch. Sometimes starting and quitting entourage a few times seems to nudge the connection so it shows 'Headers only' again but it is quite intermittent and frustrating.

All 10 Entourage users are on version 11.3.3 and are fully patched.

Bizarrely there is absolutely no problem with accessing webmail from a local browser. I believe someone from the Microsoft entourage newsgroup has submitted a ticket but was looking for some feedback. (is it possible to view open tickets anywhere?)

Thanks
  •  
tek_san

hi,

you have a private message

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
inforge

We have been experiencing this exact same issue. I have opened a ticket with Kerio, but not yet heard anything back that was meaningful.

It also began shortly after the 6.4.0 update. All Entourage clients are fully updated, and all Mac OS X installs are fully updated. The Kerio server install is on a Windows 2003 server. The Windows server is also full patched and upated.

As described in the other post webmail does work fine, and the Entourage problem is intermittent, but persistent. It seems to affect all Entourage users from time to time, but only a couple or so at any given moment.

If I felt more confident it would resolve things we could consider rolling back to 6.3.1, but I'd rather not do that, most especially if it did not resolve things.
  •  
andy.korn

Still not fixed in 6.4.1. This bug is driving us mad! Any updates from kerio?
  •  
lythaby

If you completely close Entourage, and then re-open it does it initially connect?
Are you using more than one exchange account per profile?
  •  
andy.korn

Sometimes it will connect instantly after restarting entourage, sometimes it takes several quits, and sometimes it won't connect at all but if you leave it alone for half an hour or so it will suddenly reconnect itself; it is very temperamental!

It affects all 10 of our machines, some users have permissions to see other user's specific shared folders (which bizarrely will often sync independently even if the main account won't), one user has 2 full exchange accounts on their profile.
  •  
lythaby

Have you tried removing the keychain entries for Entourage, and then re-saving the passwords, etc, in Entourage?

Thats help our problem alot.
  •  
andy.korn

Many thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. We never had this problem before 6.4.0. Sad
  •  
inforge

That problem was alleviated for us when we switched to a secure connection for Entourage and imported the security certificate from the server. Should not have had to do that...but after we did, the 'not connected' issues appeared to go away.
  •  
My IT Indy

inforge wrote on Fri, 27 July 2007 08:24

That problem was alleviated for us when we switched to a secure connection for Entourage and imported the security certificate from the server. Should not have had to do that...but after we did, the 'not connected' issues appeared to go away.

You really should be using secure connections anyways. Insecure email is easy to break into.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
andy.korn

Well i have worked through the kerio and entourage guides for installing self-signed certificates but Entourage refuses to accept the certificate when I start it, despite even using the Microsoft Cert Manager to import it. (i can get Safari to accept https connections now without a dialogue box so the certificate itself must be ok?)

We're only a small office, having secure internal email isn't a big issue.
  •  
inforge

You can use Safari to access the secure web mail. From there when you get the certificate prompt you need to view it, then just drag the certificate to your desktop, or wherever. Once you have the certificate you can drag it over the Keychain Access utility an import it as an X509 type.

If you need to confirm the certificate you should have a little padlock on the upper right corner of Safari when you're on the secure connection. You should be able to click it to open and view the certificate and do as described above.

Once it's in the Keychain then you can reconfigure Entourage to access Kerio through a secure connection and update Entourage port settings accordingly, etc.

Our customer also didn't have a need for secure mail either, as such, however switching to it corrected the 'not connected' problem so...
  •  
My IT Indy

andy.korn wrote on Fri, 27 July 2007 10:02

We're only a small office, having secure internal email isn't a big issue.

Yes it is. However it's your server so do whatever you want,

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: message queue processing
Next Topic: SpamAssassin updating, etc.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:44:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00532 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.