Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » autoreply... change default response from 7 days to 1 day
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

i am wanting to change the autoreply default from 7 days down to 1 day for 1 of the users

there is a note about how to do this in the knowledge base... but i cannot find the particular file referenced in that note ( http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=15)

we are running v6.3.1 (build 2402) on an OS X machine (10.4.6)

step by step instructions would be HUGELY appreciated

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
  •  
blackbox

Assuming you have a default configuration, filter.siv is located on your email server under the following location:

/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/domain.com/username/

The section you'd want to note is located under "__WebmailAutoreply__".

Also note that this file may not contain the Autoreply section if Autoreply has never been set up for the user.

--
blackbox
  •  
yukiomishima

blackbox

thanks for the reply

despite your explicit instructions i cannot for the life of me find that directory/ path

there does not appear to be a "local" user.. only the user that was initially setup on the machine ("admin") and there is no "local" folder in there

should i be looking somewhere else?

have i not installed the software correctly (though it has been running pretty flawlessly for the past 3 years)

thanks again

yukioMishima
  •  
blackbox

You're confusing the /Users directory with the /usr directory, two entirely different beasts.

You'll want to drop down to the command prompt to find this file, as this file (for the sake of this post) is not available via the Kerio Admin Console or via Apple's Finder.

Step by Step:

Assuming you're local to the server, run /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

*Assuming you have root enabled
At the Terminal prompt authenticate as root
(type "su root", when prompted enter root's password)

(type "pico /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/domain.com/username/f ilter.siv ")
domain.com being your specific domain, username being the user account you want change

edit the file changing "vacation :days 7" to "vacation :days 1"

press control-o to save your changes, control-x to exit

--
blackbox
Previous Topic: Palm sync with Outlook 2003-Kerio mail 6.4
Next Topic: isync connector - requires 6.4.0?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 21:52:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.