Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outbox not sending mails
  •  
Shardz

Send a private message to this user
Heres the situation.

Server: KMS 6.3.1
Client: XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP2

Connection using a POP3 account.

Client is sending emails and then notices their Outbox with unsent messages piling up. Outlook 2k3 is not sending emails even when hitting send/recieve with successful completion. It just continues to sit in the Outbox.

A quick solution is to close Outlook and restart it. It usually will send all the items in Outbox folder then.

This problem keeps recurring around different users. all of them have the same setup. it has even happened to a user using the same setup but with just Outlook 2k7.

But the same problem does not occur at all times. I'll go some days, some weeks without the problem being reported.

I'm confused and a little puzzled. Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice?

Thanks in advance.
  •  
Shardz

•  
sedell

Go bump somewhere else. That is so annoying. If anyone knew, they would have answered by now. Nobody answered, so your next step is to contact support.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

It is weird. They are not using KOC and just POP3-ing/SMTP-ing? If so: it doesn't sound like a Kerio problem, rather an Outlook problem/setting.

You have online/offline modes in Outlook and options to send or not send items immediately etc. Check that out.
  •  
rinzwind

Randomly stuck e-mail in the outbox is indeed a KOC "feature"...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

rinzwind wrote on Sun, 15 July 2007 15:33

Randomly stuck e-mail in the outbox is indeed a KOC "feature"...

It is not a KOC "feature". Most frequent cause is antivirus with SMTP inspection. Moreover, original post is about POP3. There is no relation to KOC therefore your post is irrelevant.
  •  
rinzwind

I see the KOC outbox problem randomly, and I'm not the only one. NOD32 antivirus is in place. EMON module disabled. The IMON module scans HTTP and POP3 traffic. Seems that the terminal server environment has the problem more frequently. Very strange, and it makes the end users not happy.

You are right that the topic starter talks about pop3, but the topic title is more general, so I thought: lets put this issue once more to the attention.
  •  
Shardz

thanks everyone for your kind comments and suggestions.

since the original post, the error has only occurred once since then. either my clients are figuring out how to temporarily fix it on their own and not report it to me, or the problem is fixing itself.

and i have looked for the outlook online/offline modes. neither are affected by the command of 'send/recieve' which goes in successful completion and should send everything and recieve everything no matter if you are in online/offline mode.
  •  
rinzwind

For administrators who want to check if a message is stuck without navigating the entire message store:

Copy & paste the following in a new file named CheckOutbox.cmd

<_a.t_>echo off

set mailStorePath=d:\keriostore\mail
for /d %%i in ("%mailStorePath%\*") do (
  for /d %%j in ("%%i\*") do (
    echo %%j
    dir /a /c /b "%%j\Outbox\#msgs" | find /c /v ""
  )
)

You can run it this way:
CheckOutbox.cmd > result.txt

[Updated on: Mon, 16 July 2007 17:18]

Previous Topic: KOC Installation Aborts
Next Topic: Kerio and /etc/hosts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 15:54:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.