Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » E2003, O2007, import into K6.4 corrupt messages
  •  
Achromatic

Send a private message to this user
So I was testing a migration from E2K3 to Kerio 6.4. I backed the user's mail up into a PST from Outlook 2007, then from the PST into Kerio.

And it trashed MIME messages:

--=_8327cb4b7d8c790ea3d7bc6ec6597f40
Content-Type: image/gif

Content-Type: image/gif

Content-Type: image/jpeg
Importance: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary=RELATED-MIME-219890117-22822-delim

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--RELATED-MIME-219890117-22822-delim
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=ALTERNATIVE-MIME-219890117-12577-delim

--ALTERNATIVE-MIME-219890117-12577-delim
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

--ALTERNATIVE-MIME-219890117-12577-delim
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/rtf; charset="windows-1252"

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\fromhtml1 \fbidis \deff0{\fonttbl
{\f0\fswiss Arial;}
{\f1\fmodern Courier New;}
{\f2\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}
{\f3\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
{\colortbl\red0\green0\blue0;\red0\green0\blue255;\red204\gr een20=
4\blue204;\red153\green204\blue204;}
\uc1\pard\plain\deftab360 \f0\fs24
{\*\htmltag96 <div align=3D"center">}\htmlrtf {\qc \htmlrtf0

These are messages that rendered fine before.

Do I need to use the Exchange migration tool, or is there a better idea? (I'd only be migrating under half a dozen users, so a manual solution - that's not 'message by message' requiring individual work - would be fine) ...
  •  
cachedmode

Unfortunately this is a common (and long-standing) issue.

I believe that the migration tool often handles this better but has it's own problems. (Sometimes messes up the time/date stamps on emails & replaces arrival times with migration/creation time.)

Sorry I can't be of more help.
  •  
rinzwind

Yep, had the same problem. So the migration is not as good as they make it sound.

You can always leave the archive PST open next to the new Kerio folder. However, you will find that if you reply to old internal messages the won't arrive cause they're using the stupid Exchange e-mail address format so tell your users to retype the e-mail addresses.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2007 14:18]

•  
rotznoeff

i had the same experience with outlook 2003.

but doing the migration with outlook express doesn't cause that failiure, the attachments will migrate without loss.
  •  
TorW

Had the same issue over the weekend. We migrated a company from Exchange 2003 to KMS 6.6.1, about 50 GB of mail. About half of their MIME formatted mails shows up in Outlook's inbox as raw messages. The customer of course thinks their mail is unusable and is not very happy. The mails are "broken" in Webmail too. See attachment.

We migrated using ExMerge on the Exchange server, attached the resulting PST files to Outlook 2007/KOC and imported them to Kerio from there.

Is there a fix for this? Reindexing?

• Attachment: Picture 2.png
    (Size: 44.29KB, Downloaded 459 times)
  •  
TorW

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2009 01:03]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio offers a migration tool for moving emails, settings and other items from Exchange to Kerio MailServer. The tool is available here: http://www.kerio.com/kms_download.html
It is tested, supported and most reliable solution for migration.

•  
TorW

It's a good tool which we have used on several occasions before, but due to severe time constraints, we elected to go the ExMerge route and generate PST files this time.

Bad idea, obviously.

Apparently, moving messages from a PST folder to a KOC folder, inserts two, sometimes three MIME boundaries inside the mail header. Because of this, Outlook misinterprets where the headers end and the body begins. The MIME boundaries seem random to me, and they take turns declaring the content as text/html and text/plain.

When I manually remove the extraneous MIME boundaries from the eml-file in the KMS file system, the mail displays like it should.

This only happens when you move messages manually. If I use Outlook's import function to import from the ExMerge-generated PST
files, the mails are OK.

Is this a bug in Outlook, ExMerge or KOC? I have no idea, and I'm not about to start vendors pointing a finger at each other Cool

The long and short of it: we're doing the export/import again Sad
Previous Topic: Migrating secure certificate from existing mail system
Next Topic: French Dictionnary for webmail?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:30:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.