Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Couple of questions
  •  
chrissm

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I have been trialing kms and whilst it seems like a good product I have a couple of questions: -

1. When I install it on my server (Debian using alien as suggested elsewhere on this forum) I have no "mail" command. This command is provided by "exim" or A.N.Other mail system installed, which obviously need to be removed before installing Kerio. How do I have a system such that I can run "command | mail user<_a.t_>domain" on the shell command line to be routed via Kerio? I know there's a "sendmail" binary but that's a less friendly interface than "mail".

2. The mailing list features. I have in the past used mailman for mailing list. Kerio seems more basic but suitably functional. However in mailman you can setup some email accounts that are allowed to send but not receive emails - for example for a member who has work/home/other mail addresses to send from but only wants to receive to one address. Is there a way (or a planned way) to allow this to happen? At the moment the only way I can see is to allow "any" address to post, but this is clearly insecure.

Thanks

Chris
  •  
chrissm

Send a private message to this user
Do I take it neither of these are possible then?
Previous Topic: iSync Connector problem (iCal)
Next Topic: Random Crashing, Can't Re-start.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:38:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00468 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.