Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Importing email from outlook?!?
  •  
kingfu

Send a private message to this user
I accidently set up a pop outlook account to access a kerio imap mailbox, but forgot to untick delete from server in outlook. nor did i have a recent backup on kerio. so as you can imagine my mailbox was kindly wiped Sad

I badly needed to get these emails back into kerio and thought i could extract the emails from the outlook store into .eml and put them into kerio and recreate the index. I found a program to extract emails from outlook, alas kerio seems to throw a wobbler while recreating the index. The error msg i seem to get is:

[02/Jul/2007 14:56:02] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open message file C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\store/mail/domain.co.uk/user/INBOX/#m sgs/20060409.eml in mode rb: (2) The system cannot find the file specified.
[02/Jul/2007 14:56:02] mail_imaps.cpp: Cannot send message header 20060409 in folder ~user<_a.t_>domain.co.uk/INBOX, cannot open file: (2) The system cannot find the file specified.

Any ideas what might be going on? I'm getting pretty desperate now. Could it be something to do with the filename naming convention of the emails is compatible with kerio?!?!

thanks

john

update

I have noticed that the program i use to export the emails from outlooks store seperates the emails attachments and saves them in a seperate folder which corresponds with the emails file name i.e.

20040606.eml
20040606-Attachments (this is a folder)

yet i noticed in a another kerio mailbox that the .eml files must keep the attatchments inside the .eml files themselves. Could this be why kerio is falling over?

[Updated on: Mon, 02 July 2007 16:13]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Why didn't you add an IMAP account to existing Outlook profile and move all emails back to Inbox by drag&drop? This is far more easier than any complicated conversion.
  •  
ccjwells

I've done something similar to what Pavel describes, via export and import of a PST file (if I remember correctly)
  •  
kingfu

Thanks guys ofcourse! I feel like such a idiot!!! lol

One more thing, kerio downloads my emails from my web server mailboxes. Alas now im missing the last few days of emails. They are no longer on the web server and arn't in kerio. I hoped they would be left in the message queue but theres nothing there either?!!? where are they?

mail log shows this coming up alot

[02/Jul/2007 14:48:48] Sent: Queue-ID: 4688fa60-00000000, Recipient: <username<_a.t_>domain.co.uk>, Result: delayed, Status: 4.3.0 Internal server error: cannot write to mailbox

please dont tell me the emails are now gone?
Previous Topic: Ideas for syncing with MeetingMaker contacts?
Next Topic: spam attack
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:33:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.